CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

gmpartsdirect.com

fallen99angel

I have bought a mirror from them. I did not have any problems. Make sure you check the price of shipping before you buy. They had a minimum shipping if I remember and if you buy a not very expensive part the shipping could be more than the part.

I have used them 3 times, and for the most part have been quite happy with them. One time it took a little longer than I expected. If it says that your parts are "special order" you can expect lengthly delays. It took 8 days to get a dist. cap and plug wires for my '94 Blazer that time. I had sold the truck already by that time, contingent on the install of the ignition parts... Left me kind of hanging there for a while. :(

The surcharge for shipping seems outrageous, but it is still cheaper than purchasing at your local dealer. With you being in Sweden, I see this as a very logical option. I usually will call around my local dealers and give them an opportunity to get reasonably close to gmpartsdirect's bottom line pricing. A lot of the time they will adjust for me...

Good luck! B)

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

Watch out for their inflated shipping and handling fees - if you order several things at once it is not too bad. Make sure you have the right part number - DO NOT rely on their alternative catalog from Mitchell. If you order the wrong part number, they will make you pay a restock fee - they have details listed on their site.

Dan

I have bought a number of items from them no problem.

Another online source is:

http://www.partszoneonline.com/Fram...rame.php?link=4

Parts Online is a dealership in Slovan, PA, all parts are OEM. If you can not find the part in their online catalog, they are very helpful over the phone and you still pay the reduced online order amount. My parts, for a head gasket repair, averaged about 40% off normal dealer prices.

When ordering from either company make a list and try to get everything at one time to keep shipping cost to a minimum.

-George

Drive'em like you own 'em. - ....................04 DTS............................

DTS_Signature.jpg

thanks for the inputs, I heard shipping are kinda crazy from them, however ill have it all shipped to my friend in warwick Rhode Island, as ill visit him in april, Ill be buying new electronic struts and shocks and the coils, 350$ a piece compared to 1100$ a peice overhere, ill say its a steal, besides of that, ill also pick up, new calipers, brakepads,brake brackets. By the way Ill also check out that other site as well.

regards

Henrik

Sweden

I have had the worst experience in dealing with them. My friend needed a fuel tank/sender unit. The guy talked with 3 DIFFERENT dealers, and GMpartsdirect to make sure of the part number, after doing so.. he ordered.. 2 weeks later-- WRONG PARTS

I tried being nice, told them they sent the wrong part - they said 'its a 'special order' part - no returns.. after b**ching with them, they said ok, 'ship it back, [using your own money], then pay a 20% restocking fee..,and we will send you the 2 'correct' parts.. I did. Now, I am awaiting the 2 new parts -[that cost 100$ more] and one of the parts is an 'EXPORT' part - so there is ABSOLUTELY no returning it. After all the good things I've read about them, I couldn't believe how I was treated. Hope you have better luck

-Eric

Eric

93 Cad Seville 100K

95 Chev Blazer 143K [garaged summers] :)

I bought a complete set of electronic struts/shocks from them and have no complaints. Their price was exactly half my local dealer's price. Their shipping and handling fees are high but I didn't have to pay any sales tax. Over all, I saved about 45%.

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

thats great with all these imputs, also getting to know sites i didnt know of before, I do wanna ask, this? when is a car considered a 99 model?+ when im looking at the import papers on my car, then its registred in europe in july 98, but I talked to a company that sells the corsa catback exhaust system, I wanna get and sended him my winnumber and he tells me its a 99 model??, is there a site when i can check my winnumber and get all the info on my car as i need???

regards

henrik

Sweden

thats great with all these imputs, also getting to know sites i didnt know of before, I do wanna ask, this? when is a car considered a 99 model?+ when im looking at the import papers on my car, then its registred in europe in july 98, but I talked to a company that sells the corsa catback exhaust system, I wanna get and sended him my winnumber and he tells me its a 99 model??, is there a site when i can check my winnumber and get all the info on my car as i need???

regards

henrik

Sweden

The VIN number will be the best bet. The service manuals will show you how to decode all of the information in the VIN or the dealer cal tell you.

You can also look at the sticker on the driver's door jamb. It will read MFG. BY GENERAL MOTORS CORP. and then have a date. If the date is July '98 or later, then the car is a '99 model. If it is June'98 or earlier, the car is a '98.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

very satisfied gmpartsdirect.com customer...fast and cheap...yeah shipping is a little high but fuel pump was $200 under what the dealer wanted and $67.00 under what AdvancedAuto wanted

A.J.

Archived