CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

ELDORADO

quadsourcemark

I believe the last one rolled off the line in April '02.

Anyone?

I'm waiting for Cadillac to resurrect the nameplate. If they do I'll buy one.

A two door STS... I would like to see an artist rendering. The STS already has the "Eldorado Signiture" tail lights.

44.jpg

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

A two door STS... I would like to see an artist rendering. The STS already has the "Eldorado Signiture" tail lights.

Aw, c'mon. Stop teasing me like this! You know I can't take it. :P :P :P

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Aw, c'mon. Stop teasing me like this! You know I can't take it. :P :P :P

Regards,

Warren

:lol:

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

I believe the last one rolled off the line in April '02.

Anyone?

I'm waiting for Cadillac to resurrect the nameplate. If they do I'll buy one.

You're right - the last ones were the 1,596 Collector's line - white or fire engine (Aztec) red - that were a tribute to the 1953 Eldo - the first Eldo produced. There were 1596 '53 Eldo convertibles produced, so they made 1596 of the collector's. The exhaust was tuned to sound like the '53.

Wikipedia: Not long after, GM announced that the Eldorado's 50th model year, 2002, would be its last. To mark the end of the historic name, a limited production run 1,596 of cars in red or white - the colors available on the original 1953 convertible - were produced in three batches of 532, signifying the Eldorado's first year of production. The last cars had exhausts that were specially tuned to imitate the note of their illustrious forerunners from a half-century earlier and dash-mounted placques indicating each car's sequence in production. Production ended on April 22, 2002[1] retooling the Lansing Craft Centre to build the Chevrolet SSR.

Now - wouldn't it be cool if they brought out the Eldo again - in a retractable convertible!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now - wouldn't it be cool if they brought out the Eldo again - in a retractable convertible!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes it would.

If it was a big El Dorado... with the retractable hardtop... I would REALLY consider trading the DTS for one. There is only the Darling Wife and myself. Don't realy need 4 doors but do need a lot of room.

Posted Image

Chevrolet SSR

They used the line for the SSR! I never realized that!

GM would have been better off dropping that mistake.

The SSR doesn't hold a candle to the Eldorado. My 97' SLS is nice. I have four boys and need the doors! Maybe when I'm ready for a 2 door the new Eldo will be back in production.

Mark

Chevrolet SSR

They did, in early 2006... Dumb truck... It was supposed to be the vehicle that all PO'ed Camaro buyers were going to flock to... You see America loves trucks

and they love pony cars... So lets make a Truck that's kinda like a pony car... You know a vehicle thats really heavy like a truck and has no storage like a pony car...

The idea worked as well as lead paint in Barbies... And left GM with disappointed truck buyers, disappointed Camaro Buyers, and disappointed Eldo buyers...

Do not hold your breath waiting for a Eldo resurrection... GM right now seems focused on killing off "loved" name plates The Seville and STS will die in the next 3 years as will The Deville and DTS.

I hope the Camaro rises from the ashes... But the crystal ball on this one is the car will be over priced and will enter the market 3 years after Ford has snapped up all Pony Car buyers with the New Mustang... I fear the New Camaro will live for a 5-8 year run and then it will die a second slow, this time permanent, death.

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

Chevrolet SSR

They did, in early 2006... Dumb truck... It was supposed to be the vehicle that all PO'ed Camaro buyers were going to flock to... You see America loves trucks

and they love pony cars... So lets make a Truck that's kinda like a pony car... You know a vehicle thats really heavy like a truck and has no storage like a pony car...

The idea worked as well as lead paint in Barbies... And left GM with disappointed truck buyers, disappointed Camaro Buyers, and disappointed Eldo buyers...

Do not hold your breath waiting for a Eldo resurrection... GM right now seems focused on killing off "loved" name plates The Seville and STS will die in the next 3 years as will The Deville and DTS.

I hope the Camaro rises from the ashes... But the crystal ball on this one is the car will be over priced and will enter the market 3 years after Ford has snapped up all Pony Car buyers with the New Mustang... I fear the New Camaro will live for a 5-8 year run and then it will die a second slow, this time permanent, death.

Very well said!!!

Archived