CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Well this sux

Astrak

The Eldo is now decommisioned, I was heading home yesterday from work at about 5:30 when a guy in a GMC Sierra decided the highway was a good place to make a u-turn, well it wasn't my Cadillac was in his way. I was doing around 50 mph when I saw him making the u-turn I swerved as fast as I could actually into the oncoming lane but it was of no use the whole passenger side of the car was pretty badly damaged(I have pics but no idea how to post them). If I hadn't swerved I'm pretty sure the accident would have been a lot worse. Thank God no one was injured though, and the guy admitted fault so hopefully something good will come of this. Just thought I would share my bad day I had yesterday with you guys, oh yea it was 2 days after my birthday to how crappy.

Sorry to hear about this. Hopefully it can be fixed with new sheetmetal.

For posting pictures. Sign up for a free account with Photobucket and upload your pictures into it.

IPB Image

I'm sorry to hear about that! I thought other GM drivers were usually pretty good drivers, apparently that guy wasn't! ;)

I've never gotten in an accident, knock on wood, before and I really don't plan on being in one anytime soon. There are a lot of bad drivers around here though, I'm sure my time will come. I just hope it's not with the caddy!

-Dusty-

- 02 Seville STS, white diamond

- 93 Sixty Special, Tan with vinyl top

- 79 Coupe DeVille, Tan with Tan top

- 06 GMC Sierra Z71, Black

- 92 Silverado C1500, black and grey

- 83 Chevy K10 Silverado, Black and Grey

b80385550.jpg

Belated happy birthday, and glad to hear you are okay. Cars can be repaired/replaced, but people are precious.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Gives you a reason to tell your wife/girlfriend that you need a new cadillac.

Argumental reasons could be:

Needless to say it must be a cadillac because those are the safest and you saw it saved my life with this accident.

Insurance will only pay if i buy another car of the same brand (mine would believe it!!)

Could to see you are still with us by the way!

Marc.

If you are in complete control..... you are not going fast enough....

So I'm getting 5000 for the car which is great so now I can get another Eldo or an STS I'm thinking 96 or newer. Although I think I will miss the 4.9 power off the line and the sweet sound and ride that the 92 ETC had.

I am glad no one is hurt and that you are upgrading now..

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Archived