CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Almost decided to blow my College Fund

GreenMachine

Was very tempting to get this to start on my custom project, great "starting point" for any hot rodder:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CADILLAC-XL...5QQcmdZViewItem

Of course I have no body to put it in, no frame, and my garage is full of junk, but still I would have found a place to put it!

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

I could very easily see that with a tube steel frame, a fiberglass T-bucket body, and the right set of wheels. B)

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

Does your Dad read your posts? You tryin' to give him a heart attack?!? :P

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

I've seen a... I believe it was a '48 with a Northy in it

Only online in pictures,

I can't seem to find the site but I think I saw it on

Reubens Cadillac Page "R.C.C.P" or some of a thing

I think it was some kid in Finland who was 17 and owned a '71

That college fund would do you more good towards an education in real estate- plus it would cost alot less and take less of your young years.

The only downside is that a degree is useful all of the time and knowing about real estate won't do you a bit of good if you decide to do something else

It use to be here http://www.informaat.nl/home/RCCP/cadillac.htm

MerryChristmas

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

Be a Capitalist or work for one.

IPB Image

Work for a Capitalist or be one.

MerryChristmas

Kinda sad, dumped on that pallet.....

INteresting, but not the college money.... if you're tired of college, go to tech school....

When you get a decent job, you'll have all the cash you need for projects like that....

I think that deal is worthwhile for people who need it to replace a blown engine or transmission but not for a hot rod project, unless you want to use it stock. The second you take it down for mods, you are better off with a $600 junkyard engine and chrfab. The tranny is great for a new car but a hot rod needs a manual transmission.

According to a reliable source that I talked to in 1997 when my car was new, there is a 1932 Ford coupe running around in L.A. with a chrfab Northstar.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

One of my boss's buddies puts Northstars in everything, bit of a character from what he tells me, I'll have to get some pictures of them.

Couple of them got a kit cars, old jag bodies, one guys is on the road, others is still being worked on and has a Northstar in it.

Manual is kinda fun to play with but an automatic would be great for an everyday cruiser.

More or less something that cought my eye, and being "whole" ideas popped into my head.

The Green's Machines

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

It was more or less that little devil sitting on my shoulder but the angle slapped the sense back into me :)

The Green's Machines

i'm gona ad some cents to this about NEEDING a college degree- I don't get it . So many college grads out there and yet not all are using the degree they went for they're workin at mc'd's whats the point of going and getting a degree in something if you aren't gona use it - REAL -ESTATE degree is valuable especially if you have knowledge of carpentry skills and tools . These days the hippest thing to do is "flipping" where one goes out buys a house and rehabs or "tweaks" a house and turn around and resell it for a profit .

say you bought a house for 175 k . you spend 30-40 k rehab /remodeling 2 months later you put it on the market and sell it for 250 -300k range - .. lets say you sell it for 300k - you bought the house for 175 - you put 40k into it -

here better idea of it :

purchase price : 175k

remodeling : 40,000

resale : 300k

SOLD PRICE: 300k

remodel and purchase price : $ 215k combined

proffit : 85k$

thats a decent amount of money - For only working 2-3 months . OBVISOUSLY theres more to it then slam and bam done on the market- But if you have skills in the 3 trades- and get a degree in real estate you are one step ahead of the game- no realitor commison to pay out if you buy a house to flip - etc- if i had money and skills in the 3 trades to remodel a house i'd do it in a heart beat.

Although I am learning how to do remolding and construction work I have always wanted to a be a police officer, so I am going to get the training for that and I would like to become an MP in the Marines.

The Green's Machines

Archived