CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Harmonic Balancer

BigCat83

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Take your time and stay rested and focused. The devil is in the details, and doing everything just right in the buttoning-up process will pay off in many worry-free years.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

"Take your time and stay rested and focused. The devil is in the details, and doing everything just right in the buttoning-up process will pay off in many worry-free years."

Very true. I'm taking my time, doing the job right the first time. I've replaced everything I've had access to, so I expect 100,000 miles of trouble free driving.

When do you think you'll be ready to start 'er up? Remember, once the engine heats up, all the cutting oil that got blown down on the exhaust manifolds will begin to smoke....A lot... (unless you pressure cleaned the engine prior to installing it. keep a fire extinguisher handy just in case.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Hi everyone, hope you are all well.

Pretty much all back together.

Motor is all closed up, main harness back in position, water crossover etc. all re-assembled.

I'm plugging in all of the electrical connectors I can get to now.

A couple of questions:

1. Does anyone have any tricks for connecting those connectors/harness that run behind the front (left) exhaust manifold?

2. And what thread is the end of the camshaft tapped that the W/P pulley is mounted on - my standard AMPRO pulley kit doesn't fit...?

Getting near the end of my ordeal. This S.O.B. better run better than new or else...!

;)

The trick for the connectors behind the front manifold is to leave them connected when pulling the engine and disconnect the large, round connector near the ABS module but the factory shop manual doesn't make mention of that.... I discovered it after I got the engine back in the car. It would have been so easy to connect the harness to the sensors with the engine on the stand...

I would guess the threads on the cam are either M6 or M8 but can't be sure - I think they are the standard pitch. If you have calipers, you can measure the minor ID of the thread.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived