CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Radio won't power up!

frm

Clock is showing time, but radio will not power on. Tried a good second radio and it does the same. Any suggestions what is wrong? May power antenna???? :unsure:

How's the fuse?

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

The antenna would cause a lack of reception. The radio does not get its power from the antenna so I doubt that is the problem. If the clock is showing time, then it is getting power.

Does the display change at all when you try to power on?

If so, what does the display show when you try to power it on?

2003 Seville STS 43k miles with the Bose Sound, Navigation System, HID Headlamps, and MagneRide

1993 DeVille. Looks great inside and out! 298k miles!

IPB Image

When trying to power on the clock time still stays on display. Normally the radio setting used to come on; however now there is nothing but the time showing(on both radios). :unsure:

When trying to power on the clock time still stays on display. Normally the radio setting used to come on; however now there is nothing but the time showing(on both radios). :unsure:

I think you have a wire off,

There is one that lets the radio know when the ignition comes on,

I think..

And if that wire isn't powered only the clock can come on.

MerryChristmas

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

Be a Capitalist or work for one.

IPB Image

Work for a Capitalist or be one.

MerryChristmas

The head unit in most cadillacs is simply a head unit. For example, the time is kept by the PCM, and communicated back to the head unit for display. Portions of the system are in the trunk, along the front wall behind the trim panel. I would guess that you have a disconnection there, or a module that is no longer functional.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

The head unit in most cadillacs is simply a head unit. For example, the time is kept by the PCM, and communicated back to the head unit for display. Portions of the system are in the trunk, along the front wall behind the trim panel. I would guess that you have a disconnection there, or a module that is no longer functional.

Wow,

That happened to me on a taurus one time

PS: I only had the taurus to sell,

bought it for 2 and sold for 4

MerryChristmas

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

Be a Capitalist or work for one.

IPB Image

Work for a Capitalist or be one.

MerryChristmas

Not clear to me as to location you mentioned along front wall. Can you be more specific for me as I'm slow on mechanical things. Thanks! :(

Is the radio in question from a '93 Dedan DeVille? If so, the radio is self contained at the dash unit. There is an ignition feed and a constant power feed (for the clock) Check to see if the ignition power feed has power when the ignition is on.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Clock is showing time, but radio will not power on. Tried a good second radio and it does the same. Any suggestions what is wrong? May power antenna???? :unsure:

:) Found the problem! The power button must be bad as I took radio apart and clipped the two wires going to the button, tied them together, and it works! It works all the time, but I can live with that! The other radio I purchased on EBay does the same thing so either the button is bad on it or something in my wiring is causing it. Thanks for all your advice though!!! :):)

Archived