CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Which Wheels Look Nicer/Chrome or Painted

MAC

Hey MAC, if you decide to go with the gray wheels, let me know. I have a set, that I will let go really cheap. I am missing one center cap though. They are in really good condition. I could part with them for $100 for the four. I also have a set of 235/50/18 Kuhmo Ecsta ASX tires wrapped on Kazera KZ-T wheels that I got from Tire Rack. I am selling those for $250. Let me know.

Don

"Modern warriors saddle iron horses of chrome."

Chrome. No contest.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Chrome. No contest.

Yep.

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Hey MAC, if you decide to go with the gray wheels, let me know. I have a set, that I will let go really cheap. I am missing one center cap though. They are in really good condition. I could part with them for $100 for the four. I also have a set of 235/50/18 Kuhmo Ecsta ASX tires wrapped on Kazera KZ-T wheels that I got from Tire Rack. I am selling those for $250. Let me know.

Don

Thanks Don,

That's very generous of you. At this point, I still haven't decided which rims to buy. I also spotted the rims below and thought they might be a nice upgrade. I do like the shiny chrome but these anodized aluminum rims look pretty good. They were stock for the 2000-2002 Deville. I'm just a bit hesitant to by them because they look a bit bulky for my Eldorado.

post-253-1159565099.jpg

Mac, I like those machined alloy wheels. They're sort of "halfway" between chrome and silver. I like the machined wheels as much as chrome, especially Cadillac wheels. Those model wheels you show there were also available in chrome as I recall.

I think the machined wheels will give you 90% of the sparkle and shine of chrome without the added upkeep (I don't think water spots will show up as easily, etc).

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

I would go for chrome in spite of the potential problems, they just look sooo much better in my opinion.

The 00-02 Deville wheels do come in chrome as JasonA suggests, I have them on my Deville. The Deville wheels are 17" and your '94 Eldorado should have 16" wheels. If the bolt patterns are the same, they would probably fit your car if you mounted thin 17" tires. That arrangement is stylish but it does make the wheels look even bulkier.

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

Poobah, are you sure they're 17s? Those wheels that I've seen are definitely 16" wheels.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

JasonA,

You're right, they are P225 60 R16. I saw some 17" wheels listed on Ebay, went out and measured mine (17" overall diameter) and figured that's what they must be. After reading the fine print (on the tire itself), I stand corrected. Hope I didn't cause anyone any problems by misstating the size.

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

I personally have had both, and I will never go back to chrome again.

Not only are they a pain when they start to peel, but I love the look of the painted ones better.

I think they scream class more than a "BLING' look.

Seems everyone is getting the "BLING" now, and the style is just out of date to me now.

just my opinion.

Big Jay

Life is too short to grow up!

Archived