CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Service Stabilok Message & Light on 06 DTS

dotbowels

The stabilitrak is a system that keeps your car on the road if it starts to slide out of control for example. It uses acceleration sensors, the electronic suspension, and ties to the powertrain to do its job.

I would get the car back to the dealer and get a loaner until they have it repaired.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Stabilitrak, or suspension stability packages in general, have proven to save more lives than radial tires, seat belts, shoulder belts, and anti-lock brakes all put together. It's the most important safety feature in any car that has it. I wouldn't think of driving my Cadillac without the Stabiltrak working any more than I would drive with no seat belt or bad tires.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

My 1997 ETC has it, and I think it was new for that year.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Also important to know is that I think it was an option and not standard...which if I remember correctly is changing in a few years since all cars will be required to have some sort of system that does that (I think I read that somewhere). I don't think my 98 Deville has it, but it does have the standard all speed traction control.

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

Not sure what you mean.

Several models of GM cars use it starting in 1996 and even more models use the system today.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Archived