CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Deville difference in DHS DTS and Sedan

LINDAL

If its not a sports car, I like the extra hip room of no console...and for this reason:

CAKE

Stickshifts and Safetybelts

Stick shifts and safety belts

Bucket seats have all got to go

When I'm driving in my car

It makes my baby seem so far

I need you here with me

Not way over in a bucket seat

I need you to be here with me

not way over in a bucket seat

But when we driving in my Malibu

It's easy to get right next to you

I say "Baby, scoot over please"

And then she's right there next to me

I need you here with me

Well alot of good cars are Japanese

But when we're driving far

I need my baby, I need my baby next to me

Ah..well

Stick shifts and safety belts

Bucket seats have all got to go

When I'm driving in my car

It makes my baby seem so far

I need you here with me

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B000003CKH...id=&coliid=

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

So Larry, did Cadillac delete the hood ornament for '03? The '04 DeVille I once rented had a nice hood ornament, so I figured the DHS would as well. That's kind of a "required" feature for me on a Cadillac.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Easy to identify the 2000 - 2005 model from the front:

Deville is the only model with a hood ornament.

DHS has no hood ornament and no fog lamps.

DTS has no hood ornament and has fog lamps.

Even easier from the rear.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

I suppose if you wanted a hood ornament on a DHS or DTS you could swap grills and drill a hole in the hood and put one in...or in a very rare case switch the whole hood assemply out :)

The Green's Machines

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

DHS & I think DTS has the crest in the grill as you can see in my pic post. I too wish it had thte stand up crest. I really liked those. Probably would not be hard to add one.

I'm going to make a recommendation of an eBay seller. Have a look at these listings:

http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1Q...Zcarscarscars67

I know the principle of this company personally, and they are located about 7 miles from my shop. They are one of the largest sellers of used cars on eBay. Not only do I know the owner, I know how/what he buys and how he operates. Simply put - if you want a late-model used Cadillac - you cannot beat his deals. As an added bonus - I'll go personally look at any of his cars for CaddyInfo members.

I bought a few cars from him myself over the years - all to drive for a short while and then re-sell for profit (and they all sold for a profit). But he personally buys the cars - and he doesn't waste his time/effort on junk.

Anyone interested in my offer can e-mail me directly at docardio@lycos.com

As an added bonus - I just realized that anyone buying a Cadillac from him....will be just 7 miles from my shop. Come by after your vehicle purchase for special CaddyInfo pricing on Cadillac wheels, center caps and/or Vogue tires!

regards,

~Doc

My hood ornament was missing for a month or so and I missed it terribly. It helps with depth perception while parking and helps keep you centered down the road. It felt strange w/o it.

Cardio-Doc, I might take you up on that offer when I'm ready. I already bought your wheels though.... ;)

I found a 2003 Deville (Silver & Black) with the roadster top with 39000 miles on it for $16,900 locally.. How long is this car under warranty? 50000 miles or 5 years? Some places claim 100,000 miles. I am confused. Can someone clarify this? What is a convenience package?

Do you think the 100,000 miles warranty is something you pay extra for?

the convenience packages is usally refered to "comfort and convenice" and usually includes heated seats, mirrors, auto diming mirrors (standard on all cadillacs the mirros are), remote memory recal (when you unlock the doors, put the key in the ignition, your choice, the car automatically goes to your settings for the radio, mirrors, seat, and climate control settings based on remote 1 or 2).

The Green's Machines

The base Cadillac warranty is for 4 years or 50,000 miles from the original service date.

A certified pre-owned Cadillac carries an extended warranty for 6 years or 100,000 miles from the original service date. This is a program where a Cadillac dealer inspects a Cadillac, and certifies it: "Your Certified Pre-Owned Cadillac comes to you in impeccable condition, having been thoroughly inspected by trained technicians using a checklist of over 100 quality points as a guide. And you can enjoy your Cadillac with complete peace of mind, because it also comes standard with a comprehensive Cadillac bumper-to-bumper limited warranty along with all applicable Cadillac Ownership Privileges. "

I like the certified pre-owned program, and it seems a nice incentive to buy a used Cadillac from a Dealer. This is something the dealer does pay for, then includes in the price of the certified pre-owned vehicle to you. The vehicle has to be less than 4 years old, (5 model years) and have less than 50K miles, for the dealer to certify it.

http://www.cadillac.com/cadillacjsp/cpo/advantage.jsp

GM Protection Plan is the 'factory' optional warranty, which may be purchased from GM for various periods, up to 72 months and 100K miles. This is something you or the previous owner pay extra for.

Bottom line: longer warranties are better. Warranties last until that number of months, or that number of miles, whichever comes first.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

So, the cloth top is not included in the convenience package? I have looked at 2 Devilles that have the cloth tops. One called it a roadster top and one a carriage top. Both have the convenience packages. I guess everyone has their own lingo describing the details of a car.

I found a 2001 Deville White Diamond with the offwhite cloth top for $15,500. Only 40,000 miles, locally too. They have it priced right at the Kelly Blue book price. I haven't driven it yet. I am afraid if I do I will fall for it and snap it up. I need to wait and take someone with me to keep me in line. So, that we can make a good deal.

the tops are aftermarkter additions and not put on by GM.

The Green's Machines

Archived