CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Pictures of my new Seville

The Fred

Is the cup holder broke, or are you just showing it off? :P

Regards and many happy miles,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Fred, nice car!

Note those tires are Michelin Harmony tires. They have an S speed rating. 112 mph tops. Obviously, a tire store installed those tires for a previous owner without regard to the required speed rating (which is probably Z).

So don't go out and run 150+. Those tires are really only good for about 112-115 mph sustained speed.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Nice car, good luck with it.

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

I was amused that the freds car had a cd player in it, and when I purchased my deville in 1996, that wasn't an option. I didn't realize that cadillac was dabbling in cd's for so many years, and it still wasn't available as an option on all models till 1997. I am curious, what year did they make the cd standard. what year did they remove the cassette?

Winterset, your '96 DeVille didn't even have the option for a CD changer?

Through 1997 (or I should say, 96-97), every car got a tape deck in the dash. And in the 1996-1997 range, no in-dash CD player was available. It was either no CD player, or a 12-disc changer in the truck, which is pretty easy to add (mine didn't have one originally).

Starting in 1998, unrelated to the upgrade to the Bose 4.0 system in the Sevilles, an in-dash CD player was optional, and I think this was across the board, even in cars still on the E/K platform like the DeVilles and Eldorados. Many of these radios also had cassette tape decks. I think a CD changer was also available on the '98+ cars, but may have been reduced to a 6-disc unit, located in the center console I think.

close,

in 1998 they did indeed offer a few options. CD player/tape deck, just tape deck, tape deck and CD Changer. The changer is a 12 disk still trunk mounted. I have an aftermarket "OEM". Basically its the Poineer 12 Disc Changer that would have been branded Delphi.

With the body style change of the deville in the year 2000, they offered CD Changers in the glovebox with a tape deck, a cd player/tape deck, and just tape deck. The CD player/tape deck was standard.

In 2004 Tape deck was no longer offered, making 2003 the last year you could get a tape deck/cd player because in 2004 the standard radio was CD only.

I think I read all this from this websites "changes by year" section.

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

Winterset ... my dad's 1989 FWD Fleetwood had a Bose cd player in the dash ... it stopped working by

around 1997, though.

Terrific sound for a 1989 system ... kept me entertained when I drove it down to Florida in '96, astroroof open, tunes blasting away.

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

in 1998 they did indeed offer a few options. CD player/tape deck, just tape deck, tape deck and CD Changer. The changer is a 12 disk still trunk mounted. I have an aftermarket "OEM". Basically its the Poineer 12 Disc Changer that would have been branded Delphi.

Yes, I figured that...for the cars that stayed on the E/K chassis past '98 like the DeVille and Eldorado.

The changer (OE from eBay) in my '97 actually does say Pioneer on it.

Archived