CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2010 SRX radio setting on start.

I have a 2010 SRX. Everytime i start the vehicle it automatically reverts to the XM satelite directory station. I've looked in all manuals and cant find any info on how to keep it tuned to my prefered stations or sources. HELP!!

• 9 months later...

This is a known issue with the SRX radios. You'll have to make a trip to the dealer. They'll want to try to install the latest USB firmware update (U415). This works for some......didn't for me. A replacement radio solved the issues for me. Here is my full list of issues I gave my dealer that I was having with my 2010 SRX Premium:

Currently experiencing the following issues with my radio/navigation system when the ignition is shut off, car is locked, and left for at least 15 minutes:

-Radio 'forgets' what source you were previously listening to (i.e. You were listening to a XM channel, and it always is on a FM channel when you get back in the car)

-Time keeps reverting back to 3:XX AM (in other words if its currently 1:32PM, and you set the time to that, when you get back in the car its 3:32AM)

-If you set the time to display on the main screen, it forgets this setting after leaving/returning to vehicle

-Navigation Home City defaults to Washington DC after returning to vehicle

-Occasionally instead of the radio coming on normally, you get the blue Cadillac logo screen, audiobriefly, and the navigation screen attempt to raise up a couple times (raises less than an inch), then it finally goes to the normal screen but no audio. You have to switch bands (FM to XM for example) to get audio back

My radio currently is on software version U306 (according to CONFIG/NAV/MAP DATABASE INFORMATION). From what I can find most recent version is U415. Please update the software/firmware to version U415 - I'm reading that sometimes a new radio unit is required, but I'm hoping in my case it just needs the new version installed.

I've read that some have had the radio replaced, only to have it happen again 6 months later. I'm crossing my fingers this doesn't happen to me. I've also read that all the 2010 radios were defective, and that if it's done right they install the 2011 version of the SRX radio. My dealer claimed to know nothing of this, but did state that they had one client come back for a 2nd radio, and that they have since 'found a new source for the radio and haven't had any more come back'

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

I have a 2010 SRX. Everytime i start the vehicle it automatically reverts to the XM satelite directory station. I've looked in all manuals and cant find any info on how to keep it tuned to my prefered stations or sources. HELP!!

Your concerns are certainly understandable regarding your SRX. Please keep us posted on the issue and consult your dealership for the latest updates. Feel free to contact us privately but please include your VIN#, name, situation, contact information, dealership, and current mileage. We can also check for recalls and other such information. I hope this is resolved quickly for you.

Matt,

GM Customer Assistance

Matt - thank you for jumping in. I'm looking at buying a 2010 model with the XM satellite radio. I asked the dealer about any past issues with the radio and he didn't know of any and I didn't see any on the CarFAX. It's good to know that the problem isn't likely to be in the car I'm looking at, and that if it is I can get it taken care of under warranty.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Matt - thank you for jumping in. I'm looking at buying a 2010 model with the XM satellite radio. I asked the dealer about any past issues with the radio and he didn't know of any and I didn't see any on the CarFAX. It's good to know that the problem isn't likely to be in the car I'm looking at, and that if it is I can get it taken care of under warranty.

You can also get a big discount on XM service if you ask for it vs the STANDARD price...

I renewed mine last week for 95 dollars a year...

Posted Image

Texas Jim - Thanks. If the deal goes through for the car I'm looking at, I'm going to pick up the car in Arlington. This should go down around the 14th or 15th.

-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data

Any remaining warranty would transfer to new owners. Should such a problem arise and is determined that the warranty would be covered, any Certified Cadillac Dealership can perform it. Check out Cadillac Certified for great pre-owned models. Let us know if you other questions.

Matt,

GM Customer Assistance

Will do!

• 1 month later...

My car is a 2011 CTS-V and the radio/nav is fine. I did need to get a DVD and update it because the original owner never did. I decided not to activate the XM channels right now. After we get into making road trips, that may change. Traffic and weather data also come over the XM channel with very small monthly fees. If I were commuting every day I would activate the XM now. There is a "Mostly Music" package that looks like a good idea when the time comes.

• 11 months later...

I bought a 2010 SRX4 in October and realized that first the digital clock would not stay on the correct time - always an hour ahead. Then the nav system had Washington, DC as the city all the time, would not remember my destination when we stopped for lunch, and I can only get the XM demonstration channel. Garage said it needed a software update.

Today they told me it needs a new radio for 1600$ - when I bought it it was under warrenty, and with only 33,000 miles it suddenly is not. i am not a happy Cadillac owner.

It all depends on your original purchase date. My radio and nav unit was replaced under warranty in February of this year. My car was still under warranty because the in service date was in April so as long as the mileage was under 50K, which it was, it was handled under warranty.

Check with another dealer. You will need your registration with VIN on it when you ask.

Archived