CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

dusted, way out of my league

caddypete

Today coming home on the freeway, a Ferrari came up on my rear end and when we got out of traffic he went to the right lane to pass. I was doing 70 mph and when he was side by side with me I nailed the gas, from 70 to 100+ my eldo is pretty quick, but when I nailed it he looked at me and smiled,and it was like my car hit a brickwall, he screamed away from me.When I finally caught up to him I could read the it was a 575M, not sure what that has in it, but that car screamed faster than anything I have ever encountered, he had to be doing 180+ in 20 seconds when I looked at my speedo I was at 120 and it was like I was standing still.So if you ever run into one don't race it.Ithink he was out just playing around because the stretch we were on has no exits for about 15 miles and he got off the same exit as me and then got into the turning lane to get back on the freeway going back the opposite way.

Sounds like something I would do. You know I once took a SVT cobra mustang with my 94 Roadmaster with the LT1 in it. I still think to this day it was the best car i had. pop her in 3 and go ! I think alot of people who would try to run me was impressed with that car....

Michael :)

You could probably have dusted him from 62-67mph!

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Aloha,

I brought 246 Dino back to L.A. from Chicago in the early 70's. The most amazing car I've ever driven. I fell asleep at night going through some mountains. I awoke just as the car came on a 90 degree left turn. Straight ahead about 2k ft. down was a town. My speed was about 100-110, I jerked the wheel to the left. the car didn't mind at all. No tire squeal no big deal at all, it just motored around the turn. Those cars do what they were designed to do very well.

Ed

Aloha,

I brought 246 Dino back to L.A. from Chicago in the early 70's. The most amazing car I've ever driven. I fell asleep at night going through some mountains. I awoke just as the car came on a 90 degree left turn. Straight ahead about 2k ft. down was a town. My speed was about 100-110, I jerked the wheel to the left. the car didn't mind at all. No tire squeal no big deal at all, it just motored around the turn. Those cars do what they were designed to do very well.

Ed

Hi Ed,

I was curious, after your abrupt awakening, how much did it cost to clean the seat out?

Britt

Britt

Ya know Pete, sometimes it's fun to do that even when you know your out of your league, just to see the show! :P

OT, but this just reminded me... I just about slammed into this woman (being nice here!) that pulled right out in front of me at a busy intersection the other day. :o She was driving a brand new looking Masseratti, I can't imagine how much that sweet-looking car cost. It was totally her fault, and she didn't even look at me or acknowlege her mistake. I had a green arrow and she made a right on red, going across two lanes! She just proceeded to dart thru traffic like she owned the road! Unreal... :huh:

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

Well….he wouldn’t have du…du…du…dusted my Eldorado…. :P:ph34r::blink:

Ya know Pete, sometimes it's fun to do that even when you know your out of your league, just to see the show! :P

OT, but this just reminded me... I just about slammed into this woman (being nice here!) that pulled right out in front of me at a busy intersection the other day. :o She was driving a brand new looking Masseratti, I can't imagine how much that sweet-looking car cost. It was totally her fault, and she didn't even look at me or acknowlege her mistake. I had a green arrow and she made a right on red, going across two lanes! She just proceeded to dart thru traffic like she owned the road! Unreal... :huh:

Stuck-Up Bi_ch! :rolleyes::lol:

The only way you find out how fast they go is to go fast. You made that person happy and you probably were not suprised that you got smoked. It be cool.

Archived