CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2008 STS Spy shot

EldoGuy

Sudden Change? When I was a kid, Cadillac used to have a complete facial overhaul every two years, I loved it, it created excitement, you couldn't wait till the new look came out, think about the looks in these years:

59/60, 61/62, 63/64, 65/66, 67/68, 69/70. The second year was a refinement of the look. I never cared much for the 61, 63 and 67, and much preferred the 62, 64 and 68, those years took the look to a higher level. That creates excitement

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

I guess I don't really consider changing the grill area and tail-lights much of a change. If you leave things unchanged people don't notice anymore. We're already talking about a car that might come out in 2008. I like the big eggcrate grill, it would look really good in the body color as an option (or on a performance model under the "V" series) kinda like the older SLS and STS treatments.

After really looking at it more i barely notice any changes.

Michael

I second that...I really can't tell the differance either....That being said I GM incoporates the sixteen tail lights into some of it's upcoming models....Those tailights just have CADILLAC written all over them ;)

A.J.

Howyadoin,

Here's a better idea... Build the darn Sixteen already! The current STS, and "next-gen" from what I see, is the most nondescript Cadillac ever! It looks like an Acura, for crying out loud! We got this people-mover, the DTS looks like a '90s Chrysler New Yorker from the rear... The only Caddy sedan worth looking at is the CTS, and that's the entry level car! What are they thinking?

-Rav

-Mark P.

Salem, MA

IPB Image

"Refined Sugar" - '96 SLS, 175K

"...the Caddy is dedicated to relentlessly -- and comfortably -- converting time into distance." -J.J. Gertler

Howyadoin,

Here's a better idea... Build the darn Sixteen already! The current STS, and "next-gen" from what I see, is the most nondescript Cadillac ever! It looks like an Acura, for crying out loud! We got this people-mover, the DTS looks like a '90s Chrysler New Yorker from the rear... The only Caddy sedan worth looking at is the CTS, and that's the entry level car! What are they thinking?

-Rav

Hi Raven,

I'd have to agree with you about the sixteen and disagree with you about the DTS. I know what you are saying about the Chrysler New Yorker, yes I see the resemblence but have you seen one of these cars in person? the front end is bad *smurf* and the leds on the rear make the whole *smurf* end. It's clean and distinctive. I'm not going to argue about it, obviously everyone has their opinions. As far as the current gen STS, I'm with ya on the blandness of it, I'd still love to drive it and the *smurf* end is sweet. As far as this "facelift" on thecarconnection, I don't really like the front but I think the clear breaklights are cool and they are standard currently on the european version. Wow that was a lot to type. Well take care.

Chris

Christopher Petro

94 sts

67 coupe de Ville

user posted image

Archived