CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

My Car Passed Inspection Today!!

Marika

My 92 Seville passed pollution inspection today.

Mileage 75,612

HC Standard 0100 reading was 0016

CO% Standard 00.50 reading was 00.31

CO2% reading was 14.80

RPM Standard 2500 reading was 2647

Two years ago, the readings were:

Mileage 58,271

HC standard 0100 reading was 0014

CO% standard 00.50 reading was 00.08

CO2% reading was 15.30

RPM standard was 2500 reading was not recorded.

I had a new catalytic converter installed on August 4, 2005.

They have to do the optional RPM test on my car since it can't be put on a dynometer, something having to do with the traction control would make the car fly off the dynometer :huh:

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Marika,

Your car is still young at 75,612.

I'm due for inspection this month too. I'm a little worried since my front end is vibrating like a 20-year old washer. :blink: Tomorrow I'm going to fined out what's going on and order the parts next week and get it done. Now I know why I see rubber all over the highways. :huh:

Mileage 75,612

Mileage 58,271

They have to do the optional RPM test on my car since it can't be put on a dynometer, something having to do with the traction control would make the car fly off the dynometer :huh:

Wow Marika, you really don't put many miles on your car do you?! I put an average of 30K per year on each of our two primary vehicles, and my daughter's car is probably more like 15K!

Yes, the traction controlled vehicles don't like those roller tests in the stations because the cars rear wheels aren't turning the traction control kicks on full force! They could disable it (on the vehicles that have that option) but I don't think they feel it is worth the hassle of trying to figure out each manufactures methods or take the chance screwing up peoples cars!

I have had to have all our vehicles tested every year here since back in the 80's, and have never had one fail yet. Other than the gas cap ventilation on my daughter's GP, and I just drove home, replaced it with a spare cap I had, and it was cleared. It pays to keep them running clean, and helps keep our environment clean also!

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

I just moved from Pennsylvania. I know ALL about the inspection. You feel like you have leaped a high hurdle when you pass because it is such a big ordeal. They always were picky and mine never passed for stupid reasons.

2008 BMW 328xi

2007 Chrysler Aspen

2001 Cadillac Seville STS

2000 Ford Ranger XLT
1998 Mitsubishi Spyder Convertible

1996 Saturn SC-1
1991 Ford F-150
1979 Chevrolet Caprice
1968 Ford LTD
1965 VW Beetle "Herbie The Love Bug Replica**

1961 VW Beetle

Mileage 75,612

Mileage 58,271

Wow Marika, you really don't put many miles on your car do you?! I put an average of 30K per year on each of our two primary vehicles, and my daughter's car is probably more like 15K!

Yes, the traction controlled vehicles don't like those roller tests in the stations because the cars rear wheels aren't turning the traction control kicks on full force! They could disable it (on the vehicles that have that option) but I don't think they feel it is worth the hassle of trying to figure out each manufactures methods or take the chance screwing up peoples cars!

I have had to have all our vehicles tested every year here since back in the 80's, and have never had one fail yet. Other than the gas cap ventilation on my daughter's GP, and I just drove home, replaced it with a spare cap I had, and it was cleared. It pays to keep them running clean, and helps keep our environment clean also!

Traction control on my car can't be disabled as far as I know. Anyone know for certain?

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

You could always manually disconnect the TC at the wheels or even easier just pull the correct fuse?

I would think that trying to get through inspection with long waiting lines would not be a wise thing to try to accomplish. I was just curious. I know the newer caddys have a button in the glove compartment to turn it on and off but my car is always on by default I think.

With my 96 Deville if the trac. button was pressed and was turned

off the car would always start in 2nd gear...................

Same results if you pulled the trac. fuse.

On my 03 Deville with the trac. button pressed to the off position

it WILL start off in 1st gear for burn out and WOT FUN

...........geo !!!!!

93 DeVille-13 Chevy Impala

72 GTO - 77 Triumph Bonneville

84 Z-28

Syracuse NY

Archived