CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Heated Seats

Jeff Wilson

I was at the dealership yesterday and they told me that the backs of the seats are supposed to be heated in addition to the seat cushion. As far as I know the backs have never heated on any of my seats in the car.

The dealership also said that there is a service bulletin on for my car, he didn't go into any more detail about it. Can anyone confirm the back is suppose to heat up like the seat cushion? thanks for the response folks...

My 2001 does. Do they have the "heated-seat" buttons for the back seats? Mine are located on the rear door adjacent to the power window switch.

Jim

I am sorry I wasn't clear. What I am referring to is the backs off all the seats front and rear, are they supposed to heat up. The button for the front seats is located on the console and the same as yours for the rear.

I am sorry I wasn't clear. What I am referring to is the backs off all the seats front and rear, are they supposed to heat up. The button for the front seats is located on the console and the same as yours for the rear.

I hope you won't feel badly about my butting in here, but I'd have to say I'd be VERY surprised to find Cadillac had discontinued the seatback heat that was available several years earlier on my 1995 model. One switch controls both the derriere cushion and seat back.

Cadillac upgrades its options over the years. It doesn't downgrade them. In this wiring diagram you can clearly see the various heating elements used in my 1995 two-door Seville:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y299/WBucket/SeatHeat95.jpg

I'm really envious of those Caddy owners with the *cooled* seats! I'm in the market for a newer vehicle, and coooled seats are on my radar. Anyone know when they became available?

Regards,

Warren :D

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Mine has heated seatbacks but I have to say I think it is a waste. Anytime you use them you have a coat on anyway. I could not tell you if they are working or not. I would much rather they put that eliment into the FULL seat, rather than just the cushion. My *smurf* gets warm but my thighs are cold. Very poor design.

Mine has heated seatbacks but I have to say I think it is a waste. Anytime you use them you have a coat on anyway. I could not tell you if they are working or not. I would much rather they put that eliment into the FULL seat, rather than just the cushion. My *smurf* gets warm but my thighs are cold. Very poor design.

I will *NEVER, EVER* own a car without heated seats again. Sorry to hear of your disappointment Ranger, but it's now a top shelf option for me. Probably even a deal-breaker.

Warren,

Mine sure were cool last week when the cold front passed through. Actually, I'm quite surprised that my Caddy isn't warmer on those "real" hot days than it is. Must be all of that insulation!

Jim

It's 29 degrees here. :D:D:D

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

I will *NEVER, EVER* own a car without heated seats again. Sorry to hear of your disappointment Ranger, but it's now a top shelf option for me. Probably even a deal-breaker.

Regards,

Warren

Warren,

Don't get me wrong. I love the heated seats and won't be without them again. I just think they would have been far better off heating the ENTIRE seat cushion and forgoing the seat back.

Don't get me wrong. I love the heated seats and won't be without them again. I just think they would have been far better off heating the ENTIRE seat cushion and forgoing the seat back.

Understood. :D

Maybe you have too much of Jim's insulation? :P

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

If you feel that heated seats are a must-have, wait until you experience a heated steering wheel.

Ohooo . . . . Ahaaa!

I can feel it now . . . .

Regards,

Warren :P

Posted Image

I'm really envious of those Caddy owners with the *cooled* seats! I'm in the market for a newer vehicle, and coooled seats are on my radar. Anyone know when they became available?

Hey Warren:

Ventilated seats have only been available on the 2004 on DTS. Most vehicles so equiped are often equiped with the heated leather wheel as well. Just F.Y.I.

--Ben

Nuthin finer than a heated sack and a back in the winter. Love mine as well.

2001 STS Mettalic Otter Grey, Black Leather, 213,000 kilometers - miles - ? Still running strong!

Hey Warren:

Ventilated seats have only been available on the 2004 on DTS. Most vehicles so equiped are often equiped with the heated leather wheel as well. Just F.Y.I.

--Ben

Nope, not talkin' ventilated. I'm talking *cooled*.

Nuthin finer than a heated sack and a back in the winter. Love mine as well.

:D:D:D .

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

My fathers Lincoln has the Cooled leather seats and I must say they are very nice. I really didnt see the point to them at first, but after a nice drive on a hot hot day, they were refreshing!

I wouldnt go out of my to look for that option, but I wouldnt complain if they came equipped.

Heated seats on the other hand are a must for me!

"Cadillac, it's not a car, it's an obsession"

-W.Kingdon

Archived