CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

My New Cadillac (Updates)

davedog

Alright, haven't had time to actually put these on my website, but I figured you guys deserved a preview, so here is what I got to replace the eldo:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

So far I LOVE this car, a great smooth ride, powerful and quick as well. Lots more room and a ton of bells an whistles (maybe too many :lol: ) This thing has basically all the extras except the navigation system and the sunroof. So much to learn.

I wouldn't be surprised if you pick up another Eldo in years to come as a cheap toy to tinker with ... perhaps a newer, northstar version.

Did you trade in the '92 or sell privately. How was it handled?

Yeah, I would love to have another eldo one day as a weekend car or something when I can afford that sort of thing. I traded in the eldo when I purchaded the SRX, I probably could have gotten alittle more for it, but it helped with our downpayment, and I just don't have the time right now to fool with selling a car.

Now some SRX newbie questions from me:

The button on the steering wheel for onstar, any way to reprogram that. I have hit it accidently already, and I'm sure onstar is going to get sick of me if I do that again! :huh:

Also, I have the 6-disc radio with XM (not the navigation system. While lsitening to XM I would prefer to have the Artist, song Title, ect displayed all the time. I figured out how to program one of the buttons as a shorcut to this info, but after abot 5 seconds it goes back to the clock! :ph34r: Anyway to over ride this?

So what's with the engine? Anybody no anything about it? It's not a Northstar, but it sure has alot of Power. Is it being used anywhere else. I'm really not that familiar with it but love it so far.

Thanks Guys!

-dave B)

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

Hi, that's TIGHT! I want one. Nice pics. Hey the only thing I think I know about the engine is that it's the same one that comes in the CTS auto trans. Someone please correct me if I am wrong but I am pretty sure. Good Luck with it.

Chris

Christopher Petro

94 sts

67 coupe de Ville

user posted image

Hey, its a beauty! Good Luck with it

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Dave, that's the 3.6L V6 as used in the CTS and the STS, and I think maybe some other GM applications now as well. I think GM calls that their "high feature" V6 engine.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Nice ride - congrats! You will really appreciate how nimble the SRX is for its size if you ever have the need for evasive action. It has impressed me over and over again.

Brad

----------------------------

1999 Deville Concours [sOLD]

Blk/Blk w/gold package

Thanks for the compliments and the information. Just glad I was able to stay with Cadillac, so I may continue to use this excellent resorce (this forum).

-dave

Nice Dave... Very nice! B) I love that color with the black leather! That is very close to the color I am going with on my Firebird I believe. It looks like its going fast just sitting there in your driveway! ;)

I'm missing the power of my N* that I had at times, but I do love that subtle whine of the supercharger on my 3.8L Buick. I'm wondering how the performance of this would match up against your 3.6L? I've got 240 hp, do you know the ratings on yours?

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

Davedog, or is is DaveRx?

Dang it... that's the color of the SRX I have been looking at for my first wife (also my current wife).

You and yer new bride done real good in pick'in that thar beauty.

There are not near enough red Caddy's out there, but you done us proud.

Enjoy it all young man - you have made some fine choices lately.

Does it have the DVD-Nav setup?

In any case :)

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

what a handsome design of the 'wayback" windows on the sides blending into the rear hatch window...very well done. is it 2wd or awd? jackg 90seville 99k

It's the 2WD V6 model.

Nice Dave... Very nice! B) I love that color with the black leather! That is very close to the color I am going with on my Firebird I believe. It looks like its going fast just sitting there in your driveway! ;)

I'm missing the power of my N* that I had at times, but I do love that subtle whine of the supercharger on my 3.8L Buick. I'm wondering how the performance of this would match up against your 3.6L? I've got 240 hp, do you know the ratings on yours?

the V6 3.6L is rated at 255 HP, an upgrade in terms of HP from my 4.9L 200 HP eldo, not sure how it would match up against yours, not super-familiar with this engine yet.

Davedog, or is is DaveRx?

Dang it... that's the color of the SRX I have been looking at for my first wife (also my current wife).

You and yer new bride done real good in pick'in that thar beauty.

There are not near enough red Caddy's out there, but you done us proud.

Enjoy it all young man - you have made some fine choices lately.

Does it have the DVD-Nav setup?

In any case :)

No it does not have the DVD Navigation System, but it does have the DVD entertainment setup for the rear seats.

Thanks for all the compiments and support! We love it so far. Can't wait for the next road trip....

-dave B)

• 3 weeks later...

Lookin' Good!

BUT - those are the 18" wheels from the V8 SRX? How'd that happen?!

cheers,l

~Doc

Hey Cardio -

Not sure if this applies in Dave's situation, but when my parents bought their V8 SRX in '04, the dealer showed us a few V6 models with the V8 wheels. We were told that these were the "Spring Package" - whatever that meant. To my recollection, the "Spring Package" was merely a V6 with a number of the V8 options, which included the 18 in. wheels and Michelin Pilot tires. I think that package also included the big roof, interior wood, etc....

Wonder if that is the case here?

Brad

----------------------------

1999 Deville Concours [sOLD]

Blk/Blk w/gold package

Archived