CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

brake light comes on

johnnydone

when i floor the car it accelerates like a race car perfectly in tune but brake light comes on when i ease up it goes off i checked the fl :huh: luid its up to the max any comments

when i floor the car it accelerates like a race car perfectly in tune but brake lighy comes on when i ease up it goes off i checked the fl :huh: luid its up yo the max any comments

What size is your right foot? Could you press (accidentally) the both pedals? :blink:

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Do you mean the brake warning light on the dash? If so, you may have a master cylinder that is beginning to leak internally. Check the brake booster to see if it is wet with brake fluid under the master cylinder mounting area. If it is wet, the master cylinder is on it's way out.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Can it be related to the vacum line relating to the emergency brake. My Emergency brake lately needs to be carefully released, otherwise, the light sometimes comes on at verious times.

That's a good point also - the emergency brake may not be fully released and the switch could be at the threshold causing the brake light to illuminate. Use the manual release lever and pull up on the pedal to make sure it's fully released.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Can it be related to the vacum line relating to the emergency brake. My Emergency brake lately needs to be carefully released, otherwise, the light sometimes comes on at verious times.

That's a good point also - the emergency brake may not be fully released and the switch could be at the threshold causing the brake light to illuminate. Use the manual release lever and pull up on the pedal to make sure it's fully released.

johnnydone,

Press the emergency brake very hard and release it by shifting the gear selector. I had a problem with brake light too, and it was the only way to get rid of it.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Archived