CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

I'm Startin' To Look

WarrenJ

Okay, the '95 is in fine shape, but its resale value is shrinking.

I'm contemplating a '98-'01 Eldorado as the next daily ride.

First of all, if it ain't fully loaded (with a sunroof) I'm not even lookin' at it.

Here's the silly part: I'm a wood freak! Was the wood console an option?

If I found a vehicle without it, , could I add it?

Or is there a wood after market thingy?

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Warren, I don't think that was an option unless those years still have ESC and ETC model I think ESC was base model though now it may be an Eldo Period. Use to have a 95 etc, very nice ride!

Okay, the '95 is in fine shape, but its resale value is shrinking.

I'm contemplating a '98-'01 Eldorado as the next daily ride....

Regards,

Warren

If there is any way you can include a trip to Florida in your search, I would recommend you give it a try. The Cadillac dealers and/or other Big Three (domestic) full size model dealers could have just the trade-in you are trying to find. A search in Tampa, Orlando, Ft Myers, and Naples will cover the ground where the retired domestic auto maker employees ( a loyal group) spend at least 6 months of the year.

Then there is always the Phoenix - Sun City area.

Good luck......

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Warren, on the Sevilles in the mid 1990s, the SLS got the matte black console and the STS got the wood version. Both models have wood across the dash and front doors. The STS added wood on the rear doors, but Eldos don't have those...

I would think the wood packages would proceed into 2002 for the Eldorado in a similar fashion -- the ESC getting the matte black console trim and the ETC the wood trim, but I'm not 100% positive on that.

I hope resale isn't the only reason you're looking for a newer one. You'll never be financially ahead if you continuously chase resale values by continuing to buy new(er) vehicles. I like the interiors of the 1996+ Sevilles and Eldorados much better compared to the 1995- cars, and I think you'll find that you agree after living with a newer one for a few days. With the 96+ interior, you get a real HVAC panel that allows you full control of the air mix door regardless of requested temperature. I understand the older "calculator button" style HVAC panel near the instrument panel allowed you only to turn the system on and off and select temperature; whether you got air on your feet or face, well, that was up to the system.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Warren,

I can't speak for the Eldo, but I think it may be similar to the Seville. My daughter has a '99 and it has the Zebrano wood console. My '02 has the wood option upgrade (steering wheel and shift knob). Other than that they are the same. Both have the wood trim across the dash and around the door panels. If the Eldo is the same console, the Zebrano wood trim is easily added. My ashtray door was not closing correctly, so I took it in to be fixed under warranty. They replaced the whole wood panel and the mechanic told me it was a :15 min. job. I looked at the FSM for my daughters car and it just pops off. That said, I suspect it is not cheap.

Warren,

A question like yours can be easily answered by browsing around on Ebay. If you look at the postings for the model year Eldo you are interested in, the photos will show you what you want to know very quickly.

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

If there is any way you can include a trip to Florida in your search, I would recommend you give it a try. The Cadillac dealers and/or other Big Three (domestic) full size model dealers could have just the trade-in you are trying to find. A search in Tampa, Orlando, Ft Myers, and Naples will cover the ground where the retired domestic auto maker employees (a loyal group) spend at least 6 months of the year.

Yes, I've considered that. I understand that prices are a bit lower there and the variety is greater, but a trip down there every other weekend might prove expensive. :D

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

I hope resale isn't the only reason you're looking for a newer one. You'll never be financially ahead if you continuously chase resale values by continuing to buy new(er) vehicles.

Well yes, that's part of it. Like virtually everyone here, I chase used car prices because chasing *new* car prices would likey make me a poster boy for your favored heart attack foundation.

Honestly, folk today don't even purchase new vehicles, they simply lease them. What a collassal waste of money! They have nothing to show for it in the end. Nothing!

I buy my used car for cash and keep it for a number of years. I don't know what an auto loan is. I take good care of my car such that I can very easily find a buyer for it when it's sale time.

My auto mechanic, in fact, is first in line to purchase *any* vehicle I offer for sale.

Resale value is important to me.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

"Honestly, folk today don't even purchase new vehicles, they simply lease them. What a collassal waste of money! They have nothing to show for it in the end. Nothing!"

Regards,

Warren

Leases and lotteries are for people who are not very good at math. :lol:

Up here, we refer to lotteries as " a tax on the stupid".

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

Up here, we refer to lotteries as " a tax on the stupid".

Yup, I was gonna post the same but you beat me to it.

Not only do I type slow, but I was busy scratching off the lotto tickets I got for Christmas. :o

Regards,

Warren

BTW, I CAN spell colossal.

Posted Image

Archived