CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Early before and after

JIMDTS

This weekend I'll clean up the back of my trunk update it. I pitch the dealer badge and the old 32vNorthstar and install the new logo The after pic is borrowed from cadillac.com I'll let the dealer have the lic. plate frame logo They have treated me fair through the years so I'll let them have some space..The items in the red circle is what I'm going to remove..

My weekend project..

Cheers

Jim

picture.JPG

picture.JPEG

Jim -- I'm excited to find out how you make out! I'd love to do the same thing with mine. How much did the new emblem run you?

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Hi Jason

The emblem was cheap only a few beers.A friend of mine gave it to me today so I bought him a few beers at our favorite watering hole. I asked him for one awhile back and today he came through..The back of mine looks funky with the 2 dealer logo's I'll let them have the lic.plate frame but the rest is mine.I just hope under the dealer badge is clean no big scratches or dent under that.No sweat I have 3m double stick tape just in case I have to put the dealer logo back on to hide something..that may be lurking under it..

Cheers

Jim

Dental floss can be helpful in taking off the dealer emblem. Just slide it behind the emblem and use a sawing motion to slice through the adhesive or tape.

My dealer emblem came right off no problem on the CTS; I put it up on the garage side wall to help mark the correct parking location.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Hi Bruce

Thanks for the tip about the floss I would have never thought of that. I know they make some adhesive release stuff for trim and such. On one car I removed the logos using a soft plastic bondo spreader.But the dental floss trick sounds good.That will be my first choice..What did you use to remove any adhesive that remained???I have used prep sol or paint thinner mineral spirits should also work..No laquar thinner it would sure eat the paint..I'll post a pic when I'm done I hope it all goes as planned..

Thanks

Jim

Bentham

If I can get it off without breaking it you can have it no charge.I'll let you know how it turns out.Bruces tip should do the trick or I can swing by a friend of mine who owns a body shop and get some release agent I have used it before it's a spray on foam stuff that should also work.

Cheers

Jim

I have always liked the "ETC" emblem on the newer eldorados....what do you guys think, should I buy one for my eldorado to give it a more updated look. Logan said they had them at the caddy dealer for like 15 bucks

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

JIMDTS - Thank you!! I will be crossing my fingers tomorrow for the safe removal of the emblem :)

DaveDog, I'd go for it.. I'm trying to update mine as best I can [exhaust tips, emblems, rims, grille ]

And if you're not happy with it, you can always get out your floss and 3M tape :)

Good luck.. to the both of you!

-Eric

Eric

93 Cad Seville 100K

95 Chev Blazer 143K [garaged summers] :)

I also have a bad dealer emblem on the back of mine, I'll have to remember to take it off. I prefer the old Emblem

"Cadillac, it's not a car, it's an obsession"

-W.Kingdon

It depends on the dealer.

I know we use to buy SLS tags for like $11 bucks....call the other dealer in town and they were $35 bucks...hmmmm

The recent fake DTS upgrade....new DTS and gray Cadillac emblems from gmpartsdirect.com. $10-15 per emblem.

1062664446989_fake_008.jpg

For removing the old emblems there's nothing like heating it up well with a hair dryer. It won't heat up enough to ruin the paint but it will certainly make the glue "gummy". Then with Bruce's dental floss you'll be home free - no sweat. Er, that is, maybe the hair dryer will cause some.

If you hurry, you can get a Cimmaron emblem on eBay right now for $7. LOL

I replaced 99% of my gold package myself not long ago. Found out that 17lbs. fishing line run behind the emblems took them right off. For the gooey stuff, I used Goo Gone and a lot of rubbing. End result was a perfectly flat, smooth surface and the paint was in great shape. Peeled the tape off the back of my new emblems and attached them. No trouble to report after dozens of car washes.

One thing to mention though - if you are worried about aligning them correctly - mark their original spot with painters tape. I used the blue painters tape to outline the old emblem so I would know exactly where to put the new one.

Turned out to be a big help especially when I was trying to replace two emblems at one time - "Deville Concours".

Have fun!

Brad

----------------------------

1999 Deville Concours [sOLD]

Blk/Blk w/gold package

Archived