CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Ready to drop it off

JIMDTS

Hi

Just curious How many of you clean up the car when you take it in for service.

I always wash and vac clean the windows before I take them in for service.

I feel that when the tech takes a look at the car they do a little better job on a cleaner car. It probably does not matter but It gives me an excuse to clean the car up..That way when I pick the car it is much easier to look over the car to check for damage scratches,nicks and such.I always look over the car before driving off from service. One time the dealer locked the keys inside the car a new eldo and could not get the car open they tried to open it up with a slim jim cut both the door rubbers they even bent the tops of the doors damaged the roof and door tops in the process trying to open the car.The bad part was that they were not even going to mention it.When I walked up to the car I was ticked off. they fixed all the damage but if they told me I would not have been ticked off just fix it.I told the service mgr. you would have been better off throwing a brick through the window.Come to find out it was the porter who did the damage a tow truck dropped the car off at night due to a failed fuel pump and blocked the doors into the service area So the porter did his best to open the car..Ever since that I do a quick visual on the car before driving off.You never know!! Thank god for onstar!!

Cheers

Jim

I hear ya. I always pass on the wash job too!!

Cheers

Jim

The Brogan dealership in Ridgewood, New Jersey gives you a token for a free car wash at a local place. You can take it there yourself. They don't do it for you unless you request it.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

and by the way...........

I wash my car AT LEAST weekly anyway..... ;)

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Hi Marika

I washed mine 2 times this week Sunday and today and even put the carpet protectors over the floor mats in so I don't get greasy foots prints on the carpets.They look like hell but do the job..I'll pull them out when I get the car back..

Cheers

Jim

picture.JPG

I ALWAYS bring the car in spiffy clean when I require service. To do otherwise would almost certainly induce the tech to show the car no more respect than he perceives its owner does.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

I think it helps to be sure the Cadillac is clean before it goes in for service. It communicates to the tech how you care for/about the car.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Unfortunately, I always get my car back dirty. I wash it weekly so its never really dirty for long, but the dealer (Premium Cadillac, New Rochelle, NY) always returns my car filthy. Greasy fingerprints all over the front of the hood and fenders. Sometimes dripping oil from the oil change either somewhere in the engine compartment or on the paint. Very disappointing. I don't say anything because it would just be a waste of time. I no longer use this dealer for service. Interior is similarly filthy. Greasy smudge marks on the windshield from where they place the oil change sticker. Dirty steering wheel and dash, etc. Cadillac should really look into this.

I strongly agree that the car should be clean before service.

I am a DIY'er and I don't like to work on a dirty car. I always feel better about the repair process and even the repair itself when all is clean. I'll always clean the car before I begin any work and even during the work. The work area itself should, naturally, always be clean. But even beyond that I like the whole car clean, carpets and all. A dirty car distracts my attention from the task at hand. And that goes when working on someone elses car as well.

I would have to beleive any good professional would feel the same way. And if he doesn't, I don't want him touching my car. Which is a big part of the reason I am a DIY'er.

I would say most people bring their cars in for service dirty. Now I may lay my head on the dirty floors or seats of my own car, but I certainly wouldn't want to lay in someone elses filth.

In extreme cases, I have heard of service facilities refusing service until the car was cleaned up. Personally, I couldn't agree more.

Cleaning it also gives you a valid complaint if, upon taking delivery of your car, there are any fingerprints or anything there. There were none when it came in.

Archived