CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Where is the wood?

:huh:

My dealer, whom I bought my 95 STS, is going to pay for the missing center wood piece, the one that goes around your shifter and also has the ashtray. I need some help finding a good company to get this piece from.

Any pointers would be great!

Hello. Well just to let you know I have a 94SLS. These came with the plastic part instead of the wood part that you are looking for. One day my friend asked me to go to the junkyard with him to pick up a spare tire for his car. I then I see a 1993 or so Eldorado in the junkyard and I just went to take a peek....you never know what you might find. So I found that piece in wood, without thinking it twice I pulled it out and just put a lot of sand in it to look very old. The guys at the junkyard sold it to me for $5.00. Can you believe it? So I went home, cleaned it out and looking just like new I took my plastic piece out and installed the wood one which looks much better. So, the junkyard is a good idea.

Caddyjag

Good thing. When they were available from Cadillac they were $700.

So....either junkyard or eBay. I have bought a couple on eBay for around $50.

Interior parts are always the first to be discontinued.

I know an old carpenter (my father) who used to make those replacement parts for the caddy interiors by hand. All that would be missing is any engraved words otherwise, the piece would fit perfect and looked beautiful. Old world craftsmanship, it's still the best. He used to do cabinet making including all the designs etc., all carved by hand.

Maybe you can find a carpenter with old world skills who can make the parts you need. Just a thought.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Archived