CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Next Caddy?

sprucegoose

I stumbled across a really beautiful diamond white ETC the other day in our parking lot at work. After walking away from it, I turned around and had to go back for a 2nd look... It was that nice! ;)

Not even knowing the year/miles I just left my business card on the wiper and wrote "if you ever want to sell her, let me know... I miss my old one!"

Well, he called me yesterday from the dealer. I wasn't there, but he left a voicemail. He is bargaining on a trade-in for a new CTS! It's a 2000 with 75 k miles.

I called him back and he is going to bring it into work next week, (he's off this week) :( I'm looking forward to testing her out! He says he's flexible on the price, sounds like the dealer may be giving him somewhere around 10K for it on trade... He said he thought the Kelly BB price for retail was about 14k. I told him it was a little newer than I was actually looking for, and I couldn't afford that. His comment was well, lets see what we can come up with next week. I'll have to get a few pics of it, and do some looking into comparable cars. What do you guys think?

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

If the Dealer is only going to give 10k for the car, Which most likely they wont giving him anymore then that becuase it isnt exactly low mileage. If it were me buying the car id offer him 11,500 - 12k but i guess it all depends on how much you want it and whats the overall condition. You could Probaly find a 98-99 with lower mileage for about 10-11k. When I bought my 99 ETC i paid 11,900 for it and it only had 20k miles. I traded it in a while ago with 35,000 miles for my 2000 STS and they gave me 11,500 for it so it only cost $400 Lol

2004 Cadillac CTS 3.6L VVT Light platinum 39K miles

~Vogue VTXi Package - Corsa Exhaust - K & N Cold air intake - Blacked out tints

2004 Cadillac Escalade 6.0L all-whell drive Pewter 42k miles

~22" Tis 07 Rims - E&G Chrome Vertyical billet Grill - Limo tints - Tv's in the Visor and headrests

1990 Mustang GT Painted Cadillac Diamond White - 604 Rwhp

Family Cars:

2004 Cadillac XLR (Mom)

2005 Cadillac STS V8(Dad)

2000 Eldorado ETC (Brother)

Yup, I agree with you there. It isn't exactly low mileage, but not really high either. I put a ton of miles on my vehicles, so that doesn't scare me as long as I can find the evidence it was well maintained.

I hope to find out exactly what the dealer is going to offer him, and beat that by a few hundred or so. ;) It would be nice to be cruisin' in style and comfort again, especially with my 118Mi. commute every day! :rolleyes:

So, did the 2000 Elodorados have any recalls or specific problems? What about the Northstars of that year? I know my '93 ran like a clock the day I sent it down the road with over 190k on it...

'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

Spruce, keep in mind with the recent gas gouging, that wholesale has dropped in the past few days on v8's.

My old, cherry 97 STS with 82k just went through the dealer auction. Dealer gave me $8200 on trade 3 weeks ago, and it stalled at just $6200, failing to meet the reserve.

Obviously, the dealer is now trying to retail his way out of the car on his lot.

Do some local research based on current events before you lay out large coin next week ... you may find that $10k buys you the car that should've gone for $11 to 12k just weeks ago.

Good luck, you deserve the luxury that was stolen from you.

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

I think they were prone to crank shaft position failures. The sensors were faulty or poor quality.

That was the first failure on my 2000 STS Followed by the water pump

2004 Cadillac CTS 3.6L VVT Light platinum 39K miles

~Vogue VTXi Package - Corsa Exhaust - K & N Cold air intake - Blacked out tints

2004 Cadillac Escalade 6.0L all-whell drive Pewter 42k miles

~22" Tis 07 Rims - E&G Chrome Vertyical billet Grill - Limo tints - Tv's in the Visor and headrests

1990 Mustang GT Painted Cadillac Diamond White - 604 Rwhp

Family Cars:

2004 Cadillac XLR (Mom)

2005 Cadillac STS V8(Dad)

2000 Eldorado ETC (Brother)

Spruce,

I have no idea what prompted it, but just yesterday I thought of you and wondered what's happened to you. Good to hear you're still around.

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

Hey hey! The Goose is back!

I can't be of much help with the prices as:

1) We use different money

2) Most Caddies are overpriced up here as a rule. I shudder at the prices you 'murrican folks pay and when I factor the exchange it makes it worse for me to conceive.

3) I would love an ETC of any sort but they are actually quite rare to find in decent shape up here, thus they command a few bucks more again if they are nice.

BUT, I think you NEED one... :D

eBay is always a good check for pricing and condition for the money I think.

Good luck, get rollin' in Cadillac Style ASAP and good to see you back here... post the pics so I can drule...

Mike P

For what it's worth, regarding gasoline prices, the 2000+ Northstar engines are optimized for regular fuel. In other words, no chance of performance loss or spark knock on 87 octane.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Wow... You guys do remember me! :P Poobah, that is too strange that you were wondering about my whereabouts! :lol: I miss all the communication here also. What a great board this is! :) I've been busy with a new, (very demanding) job, and a huge commute. Don't spend much time on the PC anymore...

I thought there was some crankshaft sensor failures that I remembered. What does that amount to in $. Is is a DIY for a guy like me? I did think about the 87 octane issue when pulling up to the pump yesterday Jason. I did hear that in the fast escalading price bomb that there were a few stations where the 93 was actually cheaper for a while! :blink: I paid $3.27 gal today... :(

Yes, this gas crunch is certainly making me think this over carefully though. You are right about the values dropping on V8s though TED TCB. I'm gonna be watching close and bargaining hard when it comes down to it. I'm sure that is why he is going for the CTS, as he has a very long commute too (100 mi. each way!). What does the CTS V6 get for mileage?

You bet I will snap some photos Mike, I'll post them next week. I can't wait to feel the Caddy ride and power again! B)

Wow, another week goes by and then I finally get an email from the seller (maybe that's the wrong title here!) He states, "I was talking to my wife about selling the Eldorado, and she wants to keep it now" :blink::(

Man, I just can't win. I had this happen more than once. I have a feeling this guy didn't tell his wife at all he was even considering selling it, and then popped it on her after he had already talked to me... Oh well, back to the search I guess. :unsure:

Actually, I have been checking out the STS's and I'm really liking them more every day. The lines of that car are really nice, although I still do prefer that tail end of the Eldorado. Decisions, descisions... :rolleyes:

Sprucegoose, What's up?? Last I had seen of you was right after the goose got totalled by some @sshole. what ended up happening?? Sorry to hear about the eldorado that got away. you will find one you like, just keep searching. anyway good luck on your search.

Sprucegoose, What's up?? ....... what ended up happening?? ...

Well, I am kinda over that now I guess. Still gets me kinda cranked up when I think about it too much... <_< Never caught the guy, so I ended up just eating the cost of the totaled Goose. I ended up getting $1,350 for it, so it wasn't a total loss, but it sure was worth 3x that before the hit.

Man, I saw a nice black STS today with some great looking rims and sweet sounding exhaust. That is when I miss my ol' car the most. I know if I keep searching, the right Eldo or STS will come along. Thanks for the well wishes! B)

Hmmmm.... I just found this one on Autotrader, what do you guys think? Looks and sounds really nice to me. B) Seems like it is listed at about mid-way between Retail and Trade in value according to Edmunds and NADA values.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_...g=en&cardist=98

To bad it is all the way down at this dealership in Chicago. I work in Racine, WI though, which is only about 50 mi. from there. I'd rather buy from a private owner to tell you the truth, but these guys seem to specialize in Caddys and seem a little more up-scale. Might have to check this one out next week! ;)

Spruce, I owned a 95 STS, nice car, but not overly refined.

My 97 STS was a little smoother, perhaps not as fast.

Both cars are essentially the same as your old Eldorado.

My 99 STS has a far more luxurious ride ... it truly feels like you're flying down the highway. I look for reasons to drive it around the block.

I think you'll find appreciable advances in NVH levels with the newer series STS.

Nothing against the 92 and newer Eldorados, but the newer STS is simply more refined and luxurious.

Take one out for a drive and get back to us?

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

Archived