CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

00,01,02,03,d t s

wontgoslo

hi,just wanted some opinions from you guys.Im looking to trade in my 96 sts.Fast and beautiful! For a newer beautiful but still fast d t s.Were there any better or worse years?Should i avoid too many "gadgets".The more i see these beautiful cars on the road the more i want one.2000-2003 one these years should scratch the itch,im thinking.Hope to hear some opinions. thanks. :D

Hi wontgoslo

If it were me looking for another dts I would go with the newest one I could get they are all pretty much the same only the 04's and newer have the engine updates I would get one from a cadillac dealer and get a certified warranty so you are probably looking at 02 and 03 now shop around until you find one you like and a dealer who will deal. I noticed that with the dts's they are only about 1,000 bucks apart in price per yr. Say an 03 would go for about 1,000 more than an 02 A certified car is your best bet parts and repairs are not cheap if you need them.

Good Luck

Jim

wontgoslo,

I agree with 'JIMDTS' regarding trying to trade up to the newest model that you can afford. If I were in your situation, I would consider getting a '04+ Deville just so I could get the heated/cooled seat option that first became available in '04. Recently, I had some warranty work performed on my '03 STS, and I was given an '05 Deville loaner car in its place. This was the first opportunity I had had to evaluate the cooled seat feature, and I was very impressed with its quick, effective cooling. It is definitely a feature that I will want to have in my next Cadillac! Driving the Deville loaner was also an opportunity to be reminded of what a smooth, quiet vehicle the current-generation Deville is!

Given the current "GM Employee Price for Everyone" offer (which you may be able to combine with an additional "cash incentive" on the Deville), this is probably a good time to trade in you old STS for a brand-new DTS. There will be no "used car unknowns" and you will have a 4 yr./50,000 mile warranty. It is definitely something that you should consider.

Good luck!

You can alway build your own.....hahahahhaha.......mad mad mad.....

wheels...

lower paint...

emblems....

grille....

cluster....

floor shifter....

front foglamps and bumper....

post-3-1119412734_thumb.jpg

You can alway build your own.....hahahahhaha.......mad mad mad.....

wheels...

lower paint...

emblems....

grille....

cluster....

floor shifter....

front foglamps and bumper....

PICTURE OF LOGAN:

mad_scientist.jpg

:D:lol::D

You rock logan! :D

-dave B)

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

wontgoslo,

I agree with 'JIMDTS' regarding trying to trade up to the newest model that you can afford. If I were in your situation, I would consider getting a '04+ Deville just so I could get the heated/cooled seat option that first became available in '04. Recently, I had some warranty work performed on my '03 STS, and I was given an '05 Deville loaner car in its place. This was the first opportunity I had had to evaluate the cooled seat feature, and I was very impressed with its quick, effective cooling. It is definitely a feature that I will want to have in my next Cadillac! Driving the Deville loaner was also an opportunity to be reminded of what a smooth, quiet vehicle the current-generation Deville is!

Given the current "GM Employee Price for Everyone" offer (which you may be able to combine with an additional "cash incentive" on the Deville), this is probably a good time to trade in you old STS for a brand-new DTS. There will be no "used car unknowns" and you will have a 4 yr./50,000 mile warranty. It is definitely something that you should consider.

Good luck!

RDWRIOR,

What is the mechanism that provides the cooling to the seat? Is the seatback cooled as well? I've wondered that since that option was introduced.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

KHE,

The heated/cooled seat has a central "element" that can be either a heat source or a heat sink, depending on the operating mode that is selected by the seat occupant. A fan internal to the seat draws air over the element, either heating or cooling the air, which is then directed to the seat back and bottom cushion. If you were to remove the seat's rear trim panel, you would see the flexible tube ductwork for this system. The seat's fan noise is audible, but not obtrusive.

KHE,

The heated/cooled seat has a central "element" that can be either a heat source or a heat sink, depending on the operating mode that is selected by the seat occupant. A fan internal to the seat draws air over the element, either heating or cooling the air, which is then directed to the seat back and bottom cushion. If you were to remove the seat's rear trim panel, you would see the flexible tube ductwork for this system. The seat's fan noise is audible, but not obtrusive.

Interesting. Thanks for the explanation!

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived