CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Owners of your Caddy

adallak

Are you the first (second, third...) owner of your Caddy?  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Are you the first (second, third...) owner of your Caddy?

• >5

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi -

Had a Grand Marquis that I loved and a Sebring Conv. for the summer.

Bot the Deville from an estate where it was too good to pass up

(know the history, bot cars before w/good luck, low miles <50k, great shape)

so reluctantly I went for it and sold the Grand Mar this fall.

My previous experience w/GM products was that they were rattle boxes

but this car is nice and tight, good power for me and very comfortable.

Glad I made the switch...and summers coming (eventually)

green99std

So far 86.44% of the members bought their Cadillacs used, er uh, that is to say "Pre-owned" (including me) which is just about what I would have expected

• 4 months later...

Bought my 95 STS from the son of the original owner a few months ago. 55,800 miles for $8,250.00. Have spent another $700.00 or so to redo part of the leather and part of the cloth trim on the driver's side, replace the front license plate holder, and replace the leather gear shift knob. Other than these expenses the car is in near mint condition. People can't believe it when they see it. Used is the only way to go!!! Takes a while, but you can find great Caddys out there.

I would only ever buy used..never new.....

Im the second owner of this fine 92', the first owner is well known at the dealership too......he bought it new...then had a heart transplant...liver...kidneys....and just about every other organ until his insurance finally droped him......He died 1 yr ago and the car was traded in on a new Buick...until a dealer bought it and kept it on the lot for another couple months...I then found it and payed $4,000......and only 52k. I love old people.

4th owner.. car was bought in Miami and mostly garaged.. later sold to an auction where it sat for many years, then to another man who gutted the BOSE radio, from there was to the guy i bought it from.. who owned it just 8 months. $4,200 with 82k miles.. not bad. (almost 90k now)

94 Eldorado , 2nd owner,Dark Green with chrome alloy wheels the ones with 8 oval holes in them and the center caps with the caddy logo, 134,500, bought from my mother in law for $1,200. She wanted to give it to me for one of my kids, said I wasn't to sure about letting it go to Tucson to my kid who hasn't got a clue or care about working cars. She said if I knew anyone that wanted it she would sell it for $1,200, so I told her I would buy it for myself and give my kid my 98 Honda C-RV.

The Eldo needed the drivers window fixed it didn't go down or up, it was up when I got it. also broken rear taillight and headlight lens, rock hole. I bought the Helms manual and started fixen her up. Did plugs, wires,air and fuel filters, oil and filter, phenolic passages, TB, anti freeze and t-stat, fixed the rear quarter inside panels that were sagging. Still have to do the tranny fluid and clean the filter, replace the head light ( any one have a headlight assy drivers side they want to sell?) and the ash tray is broken and won't close, also the same consel that the ash tray is in, the clear plastic that covers the wood broke in the hot sun while it was sitting at home when I went to Mexico on a cruise last month.

post-3-1090037954.jpg

I have a 1994 Concours, I purchased this car with 11,000 miles on it, I have had two new Cadillacs a 1970 Coupe de Ville and a 1983 Fleetwood Brougham

de Elegance, a pre-owned 79 Fleetwood Brougham de Elegance, and a 1989 Sedan

de Ville (which I still have) I usually drive mine 12 - 15 years the only reason I

traded the 79 (with 40,000 miles) was that I was afraid Cadillac was going to discontinue the big Fleetwood in 83 and I wanted one more big Cadillac before

they went to all front wheel drive.

1963 Sedan Deville (no air, manual windows, 19 mpg - honest)

Traded in my 66 Corvette for it.

1964 Fleetwood - $1000. Six power windows. Black on Black. 11 mpg.

1968 Sedan Deville (I don't remember much about it) 9 mpg.

1981 Seville

1987 Sedan Deville

1991 Seville (best so far)

Yes, of course I'd like to have a new Caddilac, but the 95's look better to me. The new Seville looks like the CTS, which looks like the 350Z, which looks like...........

Living in Florida, lots of good used (pre-owned) Caddy's around. No RUST. However, maintainance directed (or done) by us old farts.

Well, mature farts.

You had a 68 sedan deville? :) I love those things. 9mpg sounds about right though. I'd have to agree with you on the look of the CTS.. it just looks.. like the catera looked.. doesn't look like a cadillac :/

I never buy new, both Caddy's were bought used at the same dealer, I mean stealership. In south florida with all the retired folks there are opportunitys during the late summer and early fall when things really slow down here, sales slow down to a near halt and everyone gets really motivated.

sebring06RTP.jpg

Morning Caddy members, I purchased all my vehicles used as I was to young and broke to purchase new ,so I had to settle for used , but I have to say I always enjoyed the speed as every vehicle I've owned has always had some balls , these are the following vehicles I have owned or own.

1. 1984 Monte Carlo V6 converted to 350 V8 , car was a pig.

2. 1989 Mustang Gt - 5.0 , fast but not fast enough.( 5 speed )

3. 1987 Buick Turbo-T , Intercooled V6 turbo ( This car was a beast ) there is nothing like being in the seat of this car when the turbo kicks in , feels like being on an airplane at takeoff , Street tires , K&N filter & chip , the car ran 13.40 in the1/4 mile not bad for a V6. I really mis that car .When I purchased this car It made the mustang feel like a toy !!!

4. 1993 Cadillac STS (73000 miles) runs great, leaks some oil , but gets me where I need to go. (still own)

5. 2001 Ford Taurus (another pig w/ 150 horse power way under powered for such a big car )

So there you have it these have been some of my pride and joys that I have experienced with , hopefully I can get some even nicer cars ( DEVILLE )as I get older , I'm 32 years old so I can say I've had my share of vehicles. Sorry for the long boring story. Hope you enjoyed a piece of my history.

Seabass 93 STS.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I just registered, so if I display a little ignorance with this forum please forgive me.

I own two '94 Fleetwoods. My first is a Brougham, second is a "plain Jane", and I really miss those heated seats. :lol:

I specifically looked for large Cadillacs a few years ago after donating my Olds 98 to charity (with 250k+ miles). I just wanted a big car, and the Fleetwood was the biggest I could find. I just found my second Fleetwood in July. It was a funeral home fleet car with only 24k miles. It is as clean as they come, and it is 10 years old. I couldn't pass up the car, and had to buy it. So, now I have his and hers Fleetwoods.

I will always buy used cars, 4 to 6 years old with low mileage. Those cars are out there if you take your time and look for them. They usually cost a third to half of the original price.

I look forward to many postings and lots of good Cady info.

94 Eldorado , 2nd owner,Dark Green with chrome alloy wheels the ones with 8 oval holes in them and the center caps with the caddy logo, 134,500, bought from my mother in law for $1,200. She wanted to give it to me for one of my kids, said I wasn't to sure about letting it go to Tucson to my kid who hasn't got a clue or care about working cars. She said if I knew anyone that wanted it she would sell it for $1,200, so I told her I would buy it for myself and give my kid my 98 Honda C-RV.

The Eldo needed the drivers window fixed it didn't go down or up, it was up when I got it. also broken rear taillight and headlight lens, rock hole. I bought the Helms manual and started fixen her up. Did plugs, wires,air and fuel filters, oil and filter, phenolic passages, TB, anti freeze and t-stat, fixed the rear quarter inside panels that were sagging. Still have to do the tranny fluid and clean the filter, replace the head light ( any one have a headlight assy drivers side they want to sell?) and the ash tray is broken and won't close, also the same consel that the ash tray is in, the clear plastic that covers the wood broke in the hot sun while it was sitting at home when I went to Mexico on a cruise last month.

(his car:)

post-3-1090037954.jpg

^^^ LOOK IT'S MY TWIN!!!! :lol: ^^^

(my car:)

P6090006.JPG

Crazy! We even have the same wheels..... I think, only his have the gold emblems and mine have the chrome ones.

Oh, and I'm the second owner of my 92 ETC. bought her a year ago with only 48k.

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

LOOK IT'S MY TWIN!!!!

davedog the twin is green <_>

so is mine silly :P

i know it looks black sometimes in pictures, but look across the top edge of the hood in that first picture, mine's the same green as his.

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

Archived