CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Owners of your Caddy

adallak

Are you the first (second, third...) owner of your Caddy?  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Are you the first (second, third...) owner of your Caddy?

• >5

i know it looks black sometimes in pictures

it looks black all the time B)

LOL :lol:

yeah, i know.....come look at it in "real life" sometime, it's actually the same exact color as that 94.

oh well, maybe one day i'll get a good picture :P

-dave B)

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought my last new car in 1974 - a Chevy Monte Carlo. It was a good family car.

Now own a 1999 Deville bought as GM certified vehicle with 32,000 miles, with a warrantee for 6 years (from original service date) or 100,000 miles, wcf.

Now has 74,000 mostly road miles.

Repairs - something with electronics, cost about 800, and leak fixed for 2000 (they had to remove engine and tranny). Both at no cost to me.

Good mileage on hiway, about 24-25 mpg, but 15-17 in town driving.

Now needs brakes, as no brake work done in 40k+ miles.

Anybody know of pitfalls down the road?

• 2 weeks later...

3rd owner. Two previous were "seasoned" Florida women. It's my 3rd car so a new one was out of the question! 1997 STS with 75,000 miles. I got it for next to nothing and it's near mint! Gotta love that really bad used car market pricing in Florida (I live in Michigan)

• 8 months later...

I bought my '01 STS at the end of this past April. I used to drive a '92 RoadMaster as a daily driver. I wanted something just as well optioned, as the RoadMaster, and something quick like my other car, a '71 Buick GS Stage 1. Well, of course it's not nearly as quick as the GS, but it gets over twice the milage, and doesn't rattle like an old convertible either. Twenty years ago, I had a '69 2 door Caddy Calis for a winter car a few years and loved it, but that's another story. Jim

I bought my '93 Fleetwood Brougham brand new - I ordered it in February 1, 1993 and tool delivery on March 25, 1993. It had 15 miles on the odometer when I drove it off the lot....That was one of the best days of my life!

It has been one of the best, if not the best cars I have ever owned. In 12 years, the only major repair item has been a starter motor. It gets stored during the winter so it has not been exposed to road salt and therefore looks like a new car. It always turns heads and I always get complements on my car - at the gas station, etc..

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

4th owner of my 1995 Eldorado Biaritzz.....Here is a funny story...I ran a carfax report on it....and the original owner was like Tony Scallisio or something close to that, the car was registerd in the Bronx. Well a short time later (1997 I believe) the title changed hands and became property of the State of New York. It was then sold to a private individual, who traded it in on a new car....My guess is that "Tony" was a high roller in the mob, but eventually got nailed, and his car was siezed by the state....who then auctioned it off to the last owner. Everytime I work on the car I wonder if im going to find a .44 or a bag of you know what hidden in some odd area :lol:

A.J.

My guess is that "Tony" was a high roller in the mob, but eventually got nailed, and his car was siezed by the state....who then auctioned it off to the last owner. Everytime I work on the car I wonder if im going to find a .44 or a bag of you know what hidden in some odd area  :lol:

acklac7!

You SON OF A GUN! I finally found you!

This is TONY!

Where's my .44 and that bag of white powder and cash I left under the seat when I got NAILED?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm the second owner of my 1993 sts. It was either that or a honda civic and who wouldnt rather have a 300 hp N* cadillac!! Some day i plan on owning a new cadillac but im only 16 and new cars are hard to come by when your annual income is about $2000 haha (summer work).

Always the second owner. The first was always an old lady, from Pasedena, which I could never understand since we live in CT and this is the third Caddy we have bought from that old bag.

I thought I was the second owner, but recently checked out the CarFAX report and it appears there was a second owner for six months and 5.000 miles. :huh: It was actually good I did not know about that othrwise I would not buy my car I am pleased with pretty much! :D

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

I had a 82 firebird, sold it to buy my wifes wedding ring, then she always got the new car so i always drove the crappy car, we were finally in the position, were i could get a decent car started researching and everybody said do not buy a older

caddie to much work, but i loved the style, finally i found one with everything i

wanted, and went and test drove it (first time i ever drove a caddie 38yrs old) why it took me so long i will never know. it was a second owner, i will always have a caddie for now on, i love my car it is just to fun to drive.

Second owner of my 98 STS(Father gave me it) and 2000 STS

2004 Cadillac CTS 3.6L VVT Light platinum 39K miles

~Vogue VTXi Package - Corsa Exhaust - K & N Cold air intake - Blacked out tints

2004 Cadillac Escalade 6.0L all-whell drive Pewter 42k miles

~22" Tis 07 Rims - E&G Chrome Vertyical billet Grill - Limo tints - Tv's in the Visor and headrests

1990 Mustang GT Painted Cadillac Diamond White - 604 Rwhp

Family Cars:

2004 Cadillac XLR (Mom)

2005 Cadillac STS V8(Dad)

2000 Eldorado ETC (Brother)

• 3 months later...

Only buy used. I always try to buy them as second owner with between 25,000 and 30,000 miles. The savings in upfront costs such as taxes and insurance are significant so...

Last new car was a 1986 Buick POS, my '97 Eldo is my first GM since then (the Buick was THAT bad).

I just bought my new 2003 STS this month...Its an 03 STS w/navigation, chrome wheels, moonroof, memory+heated seats. Actually, it has everything on it....Got a pretty decent deal, purchase price was 22500 and it has less than 30k on the clock.

post-3-1127940166_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I bought mine ( '99 Seville STS ) second hand w/47,000 miles on it and now has 81,000 mi. It's my third caddy and love em.

Great having Caddy friends.

Juan Ruiz

Puerto Rico

• 1 year later...

My daily driver the 01 dts I'm the second owner My other one which my wife drives is an 07 deville first owner

I'm thinking of getting rid of the 01 if the right car comes along It is in such good shape for an 01 I hate to get rid of it.Problem is I like the 01 better than the 07 The 01 took me awhile to get it in top shape actually it's in better shape than when I purchsed the car in 03

I would look for at least an 06 dts Maybe around the first part of next yr. I'm thinking hard & have been looking at xlr's maybe

I am the first owner of THIS one and the previous one that was destroyed when my garage burned. Some of the other ones I bought from previous owner.

2006 Performance Sedan (current)

2006 Performance Sedan (burnt in garage fire) Both are White Lightning / Shale

2006 Chevy Van (work truck) bought for 14K with only 4000 miles on it.

2002 Ford Taurus Bought new. Still have it. Never drive it. Should sell it.

1993 Ford Taurus Bought with 7000 miles on it. traded it in on the 2002 at 175,000

1983 Mark Vl Kept it about 4 months. Sold it. It was not on a par with Cadillac.

1984 Fleetwood Brougham Bought with 4000 miles on it. Sold in 2001 with almost 200,000.

1985 El Dorado Conv. Pearl Red with white int and white top. Beautiful car. A guy offered me more than I had paid for it and I sold it. Should have kept it.

1985 Fleetwood Didn't like it. Sold it in about 2 months.

1980 Sedan deVille Bought new. Sold in 2001 with 250,000 on it. Best car I have ever owned. Very, very little EVER had to be done to it. Put gas in it and go. 20+ mpg all day

1981 Fleetwood Brougham V8-6-4 Bought with 10K on it. Sold a year later with 50K

1981 Seville Diesel. Bought with 5K on it. Put duals on it, had the injector pump turned up so it would run. Put almost 60,000 totally trouble free miles on it. At 35 MPG on the highway.

1981 Olds 98 Diesel. Same mods as the Seville. Bought at 10K miles sold at 50K

1978 Sedan deVille Triple Black Bought new. Sold in 2000 with 190,000 on it.

1976 Chevy Caprice 2 door Bought new. Big Block 402. It wouldn't run properly. In the first 90 days, I put duals. Hooker headers, Edelbrock Streetmaster intake, Holley carb, and had the distribater recurved. THEN it ran right.

There are a lot more, like a 70 Hemi 'Cuda. A 70 Duster 340 with the Can/Am engine in it. A 68 chevy pickup with the 390HP 427CID 'vette engine, a 74 Chevy pickup with a 454, a 78 Malibu 2 door with V8 and 4 speed etc etc etc but I have bored you enough.

I am old and love cars, so have probably had more than my share :rolleyes: AND spent WAY too much money on them. :rolleyes:

Posted Image

. . . AND spent WAY too much money on them. :rolleyes:

:D :D :D

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

• 1 year later...

I'm the third owner of my 1995 STS according to the car fax.

WARNING: I'm a total car newbie, don't be surprised if I ask a stupid question! Just trying to learn.

Cheers!

5% discount code at RockAuto.com - click here for your discount!

Archived