CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

93 stereo upgrade not availiable??

beaufisch

I have a 93 sts seville, I went and bought a pioneer cd player and went to get it installed. it was like 30 bucks or something. anyways, as I was waiting for my car to get done, the guy comes out and says I will never be able to put a cd player in the car. He said that the stock non-bose cassett player is hadwired into the the insturment panel. He said that if he takes that out and plugs in a new cd player it will fry the insturment panel which costs $600.00 anyways, is this corect, or should I just go have the cd player put in at a diffrent shop??? If another shop screws it up, they would have to pay the damages right? I know thats wrong, that is why I want to know if this is true or not?? I just want to know first.

:D Thaks everyone,

Beau

I think you've answered your own question. Show this guy how fast your car can head on down the road!

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

The problem is......

The dash unit is simply a head unit. The radio is actually in the trunk.

A used Cadillac CD head unit would work fine.

I have a Panasonic Mp3 player installed with my non-bose system and didn't experiance any of those problems when I had mine installed! Yeah, you will need to buy the extra long antenna adapter and run it to the trunk! You will also need to have a custom wiring harness made and run that to the trunk as well! I believe that is what my installer had to do! Those are the only things I know he did out of the ordinary! It didn't cost me any extra because I have free installation with my head unit! But I would take it to another install bay and get their opinion, it could be different then my setup!

IMPORT CRUSHER

user posted image

I installed mine myself using a wiring diagram from the12volt.com ( before I had my cadillac bible; helms) I ran new wires from the speakers and a few wires from the trunk where the stereo "brain" is to the head unit. I also bought a new antenna wire. It took me about an hour to do everything.

A lot of answers can be found here:

http://www.carstereohelp.com

Hope this helps . . . .

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

That's a bunch of malarkey. It can be done. I've seen some nice jobs in our cars. Take it somewhere else. That's a blessing in disguise because if that guy doesn't know what he's doing, be glad he didn't install it. I would do a little research and shopping around first. Also, go to cadillacforums.com and go to the car stereo section and do a little reading there......

Archived