CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Separate discussion for bodywork etc.

bodyshop/cleaning/care/detailing category  

24 members have voted

1. 1. bodyshop/cleaning/care/detailing category

• keep everything in the one category
    • open a second category for bodyshop/cleaning/care/detailing
    • open a new jump-list only category for bodyshop cleaning care etc

How about a separate discussion group for Cadillac and it's body appearance and care so you would have one group for discussion of mechanical issues etc and one group for bodyshop/cleaning/care/detailing discussions.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

The sense I get so far is that most people prefer that we keep almost everything in the one category, so that it is easiest for daily or multi-times-a-daily readers to hit there and see what's new.

The For Sale category works well as separate though, because the things are still for sale even if posted 3 days ago, and easy to sort out or find in a separate category.

It could be that bodyshop/cleaning/care/detailing discussions is unique enough that everyone would like a separate category for it. If you are going to read both categories anyway I guess there's not much benefit to splitting it as a topic grouping though.

The next step if you want to pursue it would be to put up a poll here in admin to see what readers prefer. There are three choices -- keep everything in the one category, open a second category for bodyshop/cleaning/care/detailing discussions, and open a new jump-list only category for bodyshop/cleaning/care/detailing discussions, so that it can be reached from the jumplist but does not show up on the main category list, similar to the way the XMS forum is accessible only from the jumplist.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

The sense I get so far is that most people prefer that we keep almost everything in the one category, so that it is easiest for daily or multi-times-a-daily readers to hit there and see what's new.

Ditto.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

please keep everything as is! there is another cadillac forum. they have multiple sections and it really drives everybody crazy. you just get lost trying to find information or reply to messages and helping people out.

Bruce you are doing great job. thank you so much.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Archived