CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Looking to get a 2014 Cadillac Cts with Salvage title.

Vanderson

I am absolutely thrilled to be on the hunt for my very first Cadillac Cts purchase, and I cannot wait to get my hands on the perfect vehicle! I am particularly interested in the 2019 year range, and I am reaching out to the experts for some wise counsel and advice on what to look for when performing my inspections. I am specifically interested in the  2014 Cadillac Cts, which is truly a stunning beauty and perfectly matches my budget. However, I am a little hesitant because the vehicle has a salvage title. I have heard mixed opinions on this, with some saying it doesn't matter, while others say they would back out of the sale.

Here are some photos.

00f0f_dpPOk3X9d8P_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg1

Beautiful car by the pics.

I would say it depends on how it ended up with a salvage title. If it was an accident it may or may not have been fixed properly (Covered up). I have bought vehicles with salvage titles. Preferably cheap and knowing some history

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Thanks for replying, I've talked to my friend and they also mentioned what to considered before purchasing the vehicle  "the damage on the car, is it badly damaged, and well it's fixed" my friend suggested to get the carfax report, and they recommend me this site "https://detailedvehiclehistory.com/" (if you guys doesn't want to pay $40 for the carfax), There's auction photos found in the report, the damage is not that serious, I don't see anything to be worried about, what do you think? Look at the report below and share me your thought.

Here is the report: https://app.detailedvehiclehistory.com/report/vin/1G6AX5S33E0133625

img-0-0.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=OPBFNLV5HC3ST3HB6RTF&Expires=1677164751&Signature=cQ4retodYrjBEudd1SO2lpu11qQ%3D

img-0-5.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=OPBFNLV5HC3ST3HB6RTF&Expires=1677164751&Signature=bM1ri9CW%2ByjpgILl3xIBYfMPe9U%3D

Not a bad hit.  Are the bags blown in the car?

If not then easy fix.

But remember most banks wont loan cash to buy and insurance cos. wont  insure it.

but if your payin dirt cheap cash price and can insure with just Liability and PIP insurance then its a real deal.

Be a deal at $7500 tho.

Fixin it yourself/

them newer Caddys aint worth nothin if you go to sell or trade anyhoo.

My sister gave away dads 15 xts v-6 to a dealer for $15k cash 4 years ago!

(cuz she wouldnt be caught dead driving a CADDY.........Sheesh)

Edited by sonjaab

93 DeVille-13 Chevy Impala

72 GTO - 77 Triumph Bonneville

84 Z-28

Syracuse NY

I disagree. 

I think banks will offer a loan and you can get insurance no problem on a rebuilt title.  

There may be a difference between 'rebuilt' and 'salvage' titles. 

Depends on the State.

Airbags were a big question. I would check the subframe well, check where the subframe mounts to the unibody to make sure it looks straight. If the subframe is aluminum it would not hurt to look for cracks. 

If airbags went off then that may have been enough to total it

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile