CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

CT5-V Blackwing

My friend wanted to get a CT5-V Blackwing and sent me over specs.  Basically he wants a 22 or 23 with the Carbon fiber 1 ($5.3K) and Carbon Fiber 2 ($6.4K), black exterior, and would prefer the "natural tan with jet black accents" ($8K) optional interior.  I ran over to cadillac.com for the builder and found that the build sheet total was around $116K MSRP.  

He has been driving an XTS Platinum, but wanted a new larger sedan, and max performance.  With the demise of the CT6, the CT5 (mid-size) is the 'large' sedan.  He did not want an Escalade.  

With the high interest rates, I have been hearing a lot about inventories building back up.  Surprisingly, there are very few Blackwings in inventory -- most cars show in transit, especially 23s.   The ones we did find in inventory were asking for a markup above retail. 

For the difference in price, I would have looked at the CT5-V non-Blackwings, which are nicely equipped and sticker around $60K.  But that was a nonstarter for my friend.

Although he like the Blackwings, he is also cross-shopping a Corvette Z06, but is fundamentally opposed to paying over retail.  Crest Cadillac did offer to order one at retail, but for now we are still keeping our eyes out for one in someone's inventory.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Well, you buddy won't be seeing a ZO6 for a couple of years unless he's already on the waiting list and got on it early (and his dealer gets a good number of allocation). Currently they are building one ZO6 per hour per current two shifts (that's approximately 16 a day).  

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

And he wants the Z07 Track setup, and Carbon fiber wheels, so harder to find.  But the heart wants what the heart wants I suppose.

Bruce

Wow, that's some high aspirations, kudos to him; it sounds like his price will be north of 150k (but still a bargain, when you're getting a 'supercar').  Wishing him best of luck in his pursuits, and yeah, I'm a little jealous.  😍

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

Yes.  It is a tricky time for Dealers at the moment I think.  New car pricing, especially for unique models, has been rich for dealers.  Now, new and used car prices are challenging with high interest rates, and the supply is abating. In some cases dealers bought inventory at auction at higher prices, hoping that prices would stay high and sell at a rich profit.  So now they have to decide to eat the taxes and holding cost on those and hold out and see if they can find someone willing to pay for a large markup, or cut their losses.

Bruce

Truly is a crazy market. I have not seen anything quite like this. 

That sounds like some good taste though. Just driving that would make others want it

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Just to cap this off, my friend would not consider paying more than MSRP, dealer would not accept an offer at MSRP.  So no sale.

Bruce

• 1 month later...