CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Pearl White

ted tcb

I haven't spent as much time waxing my Pearl White STS as I did with my Crimson Pearl STS ... it just seems like the white doesn't reflect my hard work as well as the deeper colour did.

What wax would you use, and can you really see much benefit with the light colour paint ... obviously, I won't get that deep lustrous look.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

I use turtle wax platinum. I really don't see the benefit either on my car as I did with my dark colored 93 ETC. That is until the sun is out. Then my baby looks like a precious pearl. but dark colors still show off a wax job better.I am thinking about switching to Liquid Glass. My uncle has 70's something Vette and boy she looks beautiful after a wax with it.

I have used MANY different products on one of my wife's cars (White Riviera). Some that I've tried: S-100 paint cleaner topped with S-100 wax., Mothers, Collinite Insulator Wax, RainDance, Zymol, Meguiar's Color-X, NXT, #20, #26, #6..... So far, Color-X (cleaner/wax) topped with either NXT or #20 does it for me, AND the Mrs. can even notice a difference!

rek

Liquid Glass is all I use on any car I care about. It's a chemical compound that hardens like clear coat. It's pretty amazing and expensive.

Chris

Christopher Petro

94 sts

67 coupe de Ville

user posted image

i use armoral paint protectant amazing results very easy to apply doesnt break down in 90 degree heat makes a car shine like a mirror

Thanks for the tips ... easy to apply and amazing results sound good to me ... all look into armourall or liquid glass.

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

I see it as a benefit of owning a car in that color, really. It looks good all the time and I don't need to put a lot of time and effort into it! I suppose it's all relative..

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

While we are at it, what can I use on my exterior black plastic trim like around the license plate and around the mid section of the car. Mine seems of have wax on it or that is has gotten lighter, armor all is a temporary fix..

post-3-1114652294_thumb.jpg

^^^What he said^^^

In 40 yrs. of cleaning cars I have never found ant product that is as easy to apply & remove, last as long(4+ months) and shines as well as Zaino.

Man you are tempting me. I have thought about this before, what I am hesitant about is stripping the finish down. Can you explain the process? Can I go back to Meguires if I wanted to? Does water bead or sheet off?

For the balck trim Forever Black will last many months. Going on a year on my sons Honda.

For Zaino all your doing by washing the car W/Dawn is removing old wax. If you havent waxed it in a few months you probably dont have any wax on there anyway. It is not a cleaner polish. That is why it is recomended you use a clay bar first to clean the paint. Then you use either Z1 followed by Z2 or use z2 W/ZFX. I prefer the ZFX because you can do up to three coats a day w/ZFX.

Read all about it on the wed site and you will know more than most users. It is not for everyone as you do have to follow the directions but, the results IMO, are worth it.

Archived