CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

The CAR WIZARD is shocked this 2006 Cadillac XLR has a Lotus Sized Repair Bill?!?

I had watched this video before your posting.  He had trouble finding a radiator (though readily available at Rockauto).  He also mentioned book-time for the very high pricing; maybe he's right but maybe there were alternate repair methods not explored (this is conjecture on my part) but I'm not sure I would put ultimate acceptance on his quotes.  Just my observations on his presentation. 

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

My XLR had an electronic brake module failure (EBCM) which I think is a frequent flier for XLR and the same year corvette.  My impression was every time anything goes wrong electronically it also shows up as an EBCM error code lol.   I also would spend time in review of the roof sensors and adjustments if I had an XLR in the shop, just to prevent any issues there.

All that said, I miss my XLR.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Couple of things going on...

Pre-bankrupcy 'Old GM' car.....limited production vehicle. 15+ years old. 

Some insurance companies are canceling policies on the XLR due to a lack of available parts. Example....used LED tail lights can cost $3000 each on eBay. 

The internet has kind of messed up local auto parts stores. Many no longer really keep a very large inventory of parts. Most can get what you need the same day or by the next day from the warehouse.

The XLR certainly should not be classified as a 'common' vehicle or being able to get parts just because its a 'Cadillac'. Even GM does not have enough warehouses to keep parts for every car forever. They do try to keep parts around for about 10 years.  

Update......eBay shows 555 listings for XLR radiator.......also hundreds of listings on Google. Both include listings for new ACDelco units.  You can get one.....just not during your lunch hour. The car is not a Chevy Cobalt. 

Good points all.  Hopefully a custom house or two will make some reproduction parts, as with the Allante's.  This is the second recent mention I have seen of how expensive some XLR parts are.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube