CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Hows Gas By You?

Guarcz03

I filled up my tank in Paramus, NJ at an Exxon last night, and it was $2.17 a gallon for premium. Down here in West Chester, PA where I'm living for school, it usually anywhere between $2.15 and $2.25. One day, from the time I left for school in the morning, to the time I got back at night, I saw the price on the sign jump from $2.01 all the way to $2.12 in about 8 hours. I just couldn't believe it.

Gas is usually a little cheaper in NJ, because they have refineries, and therefor do not have to rely on as much imported refined gasoline. That why I can drive 3 miles from my house to NY, and premium will go from $2.15, to $2.27. It's crazy.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Paid $2.12 for 89 in GA Saturday. Cost me an even $30.00 to fill up the caddy. :ph34r:

30.00? That would be american but still I think it costs me about 65.00 canadian to fill her up from empty! <_<

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

$2.02 for 89 octane gasahol. Is ethanol an option elsewhere like it is here? 93 octane ethanol is always quite a bit less expensive than reg gasoline here.

Would be interesting (to an Iowaboy) to poll who burns ethanol.

CORNPOWER! Gotta love it! The rest of us get to buy it often enough, but it's not an "option". We get the shaft instead, adding to the bottom line profit.

Here's another link to check out:

http://www.speedway.com/index.asp?bhcp=1

Hot dog prices included at no extra charge!

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

You guys shouldnt be complaining we are killed with bad gas prices! In the summer it was up to 99 cents a litre and some places over a dollar and thats for regular!!!!

user posted image

I THINK WE SHOULD GIVE BUSH A ROUND OF APPLAUSE FOR THIS ONE, WITH ALL THE MONEY BEING SPENT IN IRAQ @ ($82,000,000,000) FOR WAR , THE LEAST HE COULD DO IS BRING SOME OIL BACK HERE AND HELP US HERE , I THINK ITS TIME TO BRING THE SOLDIERS HOME TO THERE FAMILIES !!! & LOWER THE GAS PRICES !!! JUST MY 2 CENTS.

SEABASS

93 STS

2.50/gal for 93 here :rolleyes:

Hey Aaron changed your signature the car looks great! Did you buy those wheels or where they on it? I was just wondering those wheels look very good on the 92-97 sts's!

user posted image

I THINK WE SHOULD GIVE BUSH A ROUND OF APPLAUSE FOR THIS ONE, WITH ALL THE MONEY BEING SPENT IN IRAQ @ ($82,000,000,000) FOR WAR , THE LEAST HE COULD DO IS BRING SOME OIL BACK HERE AND HELP US HERE , I THINK ITS TIME TO BRING THE SOLDIERS HOME TO THERE FAMILIES !!! & LOWER THE GAS PRICES !!! JUST MY 2 CENTS.

I wish it were that simple. The US has it easy compared to other countries gas prices. The reason for the increase in gas prices is the high demand in gas in China and India. We are lucky that OPEC doesn't raise prices even higher since the demand is so high in these other countries.

I think there may be some slight relief in sight. Check these links out. I still stand by what I said in another post, yes, there is a worlwide shortage that will get nothing but worse...but the current round of increases is driven by pure speculation!

http://www.eia.doe.gov/neic/experts/contactexperts.htm

http://www.opec.org/home/

http://www.petroleumnewsalaska.com/

http://biz.yahoo.com/ic/n/oilprd.html

You guys shouldnt be complaining we are killed with bad gas prices! In the summer it was up to 99 cents a litre and some places over a dollar and thats for regular!!!!

I PM'd you.

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

Flowmaster 80 series muffler :D

I think there may be some slight relief in sight. Check these links out. I still stand by what I said in another post, yes, there is a worlwide shortage that will get nothing but worse...but the current round of increases is driven by pure speculation!

JohnnyG,

I tend to agree. One of these days the bottom is going to fall out, just like the dot com boom.

Hi, this is just a little info from Sweden.

The price here for a gallon premium is 6 American dollars.

About the same in all of Europe.

/Jan Linderholm

/Jan Linderholm

OUCH!

/Jan Linderholm

Yeah, but they get free health care.

IPB Image

Why isn't the American Media talking about the impact of current gas prices on our economy? It's DOUBLED in about 2 to 2 1/2 years. The effect this must be having on our economy has to be huge, but our Republican-regulated media is quiet, save for stupid hyping 'tips' on the local news channels about how to get better gas mileage (genius ideas like remove your bowling ball collection from your trunk, and check your tire pressure more than once every two years).

Anyone thinking about this? Clinton wasn't so bad after all (sigh).

~Doc

Archived