CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Hit a bird!

yenko

Today I was driving down in the country at around 60 mph and there was this bird comming straight for my windsheild, before you know it there is a big crack in my windsheild and a dead bird on the side of the road! I didn't even know there were birds in the winter! I feel bad for the bird because he got the worst of it, but now I have to replace my windsheild and it is gonna cost me $300 for a non-heated windsheild! I have been having the worst luck lately! I've been thinking about putting the car away for the rest of the winter! :angry:

IMPORT CRUSHER

user posted image

:o That stinks! I will make sure I watch out for birds! The bird was asking for it! Birds are NOT aloud to fly by Cadillacs! I have never hit one, but I have had plently of bird poop on my car! My mom once has a bird stuck in her grille :lol:. I hope your luck changes!

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

Flowmaster 80 series muffler :D

:o That stinks! I will make sure I watch out for birds! The bird was asking for it! Birds are NOT aloud to fly by Cadillacs! I have never hit one, but I have had plently of bird poop on my car! My mom once has a bird stuck in her grille :lol:. I hope your luck changes!

One time I seen an 18 wheeler with three birds stuck in his grille! The Guy was prying them out with a stick! :lol: It didn't do as much damage as I thought, just a 7 inch crack at the bottem of the windsheild! I had no choice but to hit it, because there was too much traffic in the left lane to swerve outa the way! I am still pissed because I cant drive for a few days! :angry: I guess I can drive but the crack looks kinda ratty and junky! I thought by maybe storing it away my luck might change before spring! <_< I would probebly drive my dads winter truck until snow clears away!

IMPORT CRUSHER

user posted image

Today I was driving down in the country at around 60 mph and there was this bird comming straight for my windsheild, before you know it there is a big crack in my windsheild and a dead bird on the side of the road! I didn't even know there were birds in the winter! I feel bad for the bird because he got the worst of it, but now I have to replace my windsheild and it is gonna cost me $300 for a non-heated windsheild! I have been having the worst luck lately! I've been thinking about putting the car away for the rest of the winter! :angry:

That stinks man but I think that you have a better chance of hitting a bird in the summer! HA HA :P Anyways 300 dollars does not sound that bad I have heard of people paying nearly 1000 dollars for a new windsheild!

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

No I seen a 95 STS with a replaced windsheild that was heated! 2000 dollars is what he payed for the windsheild and the installation! Thats what he said anyways! The 1000 dollars was for my Grandfathers 2002 Pontiac Bonneville!

user posted image

The insurence won't cover it with just lyability will they??????

No.

Call one of the sleezebag lawyers on TV comercials. I'm sure they will find a way to sue the bird or it's parents.

Where my boss parked there were 6-dead birds that fell out onto the tundra - after defrosting from his pickup's grille.

I had 4 stuck when I finally had to pry them out in pieces at the car wash.

Forget the animal whistles 'deer alarms etc. These little guys were suicidal.

The ones that 'twang the antenna at 90+ really make me wince. :(

However, if its them or the ditch - then too flocking bad for them.. :blink: .

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

I hit a Sea Gull or something many years ago. It flew down right in front of me (I was traveling about 50 mph), hit the front grill and Kabooooom...all I remember is seeing a cloud of feathers and a lifeless body drop to the pavement in my rear view mirror. No damage to my car—but a sight to remember. I felt bad about it, but remember thinking…”What a stupid bird.” :blink:

A number of years ago I was driving on a snowy night and I saw an owl swoop right down in front of me. I had no idea if I hit him or not.

The next morning, I found him stuck in my bumper guard and, underneath him, was a dead rat that he had been diving for when he ran into me. Sort of a two for one deal. I was glad about the rat; but sorry about the owl.

Birds are the least of our problems has anyone ever hit a moose? Thats alot more than a windsheild! Or anyother large animals out there!

user posted image

To tell you the truth I almost hit a deer! It was dark and he appeard from now where! luckely I had enough time to slow down and weave around him! Not quite as big as a moose but it still would have done some damage! :rolleyes:

IMPORT CRUSHER

user posted image

My sister and her family hit a kamakazi bald eagle last year while on the freeway out in Wyoming. :ph34r: She said it was the strangest thing ever, as my brother in law had just pointed out the two birds soaring well above them up front, and suddenly one swoops down an nailed the left front quarter panel! :o There was no avoiding it, and it did over $3K damage. It was was killed in the process of course, and they phone the local athorities to report it. The ol' bird had about an 8 ft. wing-span she said!

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

Archived