CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Mufflers

SGT.ROCK

Does anyone out there have flowmaster mufflers on their Caddy? I have an 1998 STS and would love to put a set on my car but would like to know which mufflers to buy as far as the part number and would really like to see some pics of an install if possible. Also like to know what you paid and if you are happy with the results . Thanx.

I've heard some people using Dynomax Turbo Mufflers on their caddies with good results. I put the Corsa Cat-back system on my car. It was expensive (a little over $1000), but I think it was worth it. I've yet to hear anything that sounds like it, and the exhaust tip are nice also. It also carries a lifetime warranty as long as you own the vehicle. I have a pic of it on my car. Here is a link to their website. http://www.corsaperf.com/cadillac.htm Good Luck with the car. ;)

post-3-1106121269.jpg

I have them on my 88 Eldorado. I bought the quietest ones (DeltaFlow Model 50). I installed them myself and the total time to install was less then an hour after finding the right adapters and clamps. I'm very happy with the setup. Everything looks completely stock and these mufflers are hardly any noisier than the very restrictive stock mufflers. I bought my muffler on ebay for $30 so after the clamps and adapters, the total is somewhere around $40.

Here's a picture:

IM000858.jpg

IPB Image

A few years back I put the Flowmaster Delta Street 50 Series on my 93 STS 4.6L Northstar. I have received many compliments since then on the sound. I am working on finding a place for people to check out the mpegs I made for the sound and car on startup and while driving to help you understand the actual noise level. Not sure where I can place these for hosting...anyone have a suggestion??

post-3-1106165507.jpg

I've heard some people using Dynomax Turbo Mufflers on their caddies with good results. I put the Corsa Cat-back system on my car. It was expensive (a little over $1000), but I think it was worth it. I've yet to hear anything that sounds like it, and the exhaust tip are nice also. It also carries a lifetime warranty as long as you own the vehicle. I have a pic of it on my car. Here is a link to their website. http://www.corsaperf.com/cadillac.htm Good Luck with the car. ;)

That is an awsome system I was just on the site listening to it! It's awsome I wish they made them for the older style STS's I guess thats why I have to buy a newer one LOL!!! :lol: It sounds so amayzing though!!!!!!!

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

Dynomax Super turbo mufflers probebly have they best value. The flowmaster 40 series are great too because off the mean exaust tone. I would go with either of those if you are just looking for mufflers, but if you are looking for a complete exaust system, Corsa would be a great choice! I dont think they sell mufflers individually.

IMPORT CRUSHER

user posted image

cadillac_caddy_sts, if you know how to weld, or know someone who does, then you would be able to get it to fit. All of the parts just clamp together, so it is possible to use the components, and weld together a custom pipe system from the cat all the way to the back. I haven't seen anyone do it yet, but it is possible. I've also heard that the Dynomax mufflers flow a little better than the Flowmaster's. I'm going to put my car on CarDomain, and will try to set up a link to an audio file of my car's exhaust. My friend could probably host it off of his server.

Every thirteen months or so, someone seems to have a felt need to pile into the back of my car while I'm stopped at a light. It's becoming tiresome (On the bright side, I always drive with relatively new mufflers). Next (apparently) scheduled rear ender should be around January '06.

I've toyed with the idea of non factory mufflers as I wouldn't mind a little more "roar" when my foot gets heavy. I'm concerned, however, about the noise level while cruising.

Anyone with thoughts about mufflers that deliver that added "roar" without loss of too much cruise peace of mind?

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

I've heard the Dynomax muffler provide great noise during heavy acceleration. I think poeple with them have said they they are rather quite at cruising speeds. I know my Corsa is very quite when cruising on the highway. It roars to life, when I get on the gas though. It sounds so nice, I frequently find myself starting the car, before I've even close my door, just so I can hear it. :lol:

Archived