CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

91 Eldo Options?

bschelle

How can I tell if my 91 Eldo came with automatic door locks and auto open door locks at the drivers door? RPO maybe? Also, where might I find a list of the available options for my Eldo?

All the Sev/Eldo/Dev automatically locks the doors when you place it in drive, and unlock when you put in in park. It can get annoying, and come to think of it, I can't really think why this is useful... Is this what you were talking about. Check ebay for the sheets that list the options. There's always some litterature floating around.

The 91 DID NOT lock the doors when placed in drive like my 96 does. It can be annoying especially when you pull up to pick someone up with the car in drive, and the doors are locked.... I believe it can stop car jackings however.

Theres a way to stop the doors from locking maybe the previous owner put in this procedure and you need to do the same to reverse it its this link below.How to deafeat quto door locking

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

My 88 Eldorado also locks the doors when put into drive and unlocks when put into park. I'm surprised that the 91 doesn't do this.

I think I had an aftermarket alarm on my 91 is that possible? The key fobs were different than shown in the manual. My alarm was definately not the one shown in the manual, that could be why mine did not lock when I put the car in D....

My 88 Eldorado also locks the doors when put into drive and unlocks when put into park.   I'm surprised that the 91 doesn't do this.

I think I had an aftermarket alarm on my 91 is that possible? The key fobs were different than shown in the manual. My alarm was definately not the one shown in the manual, that could be why mine did not lock when I put the car in D....

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

When I say aftermarket alarm, I mean aftermarket from the dealer, not factory. I believe there were two alarms offered in my 91 one direct from the factory and one installed by the dealer, but it was not a cheapo. It still opened the doors and trunk, but it was not the one offered by the factory. If that is the fact maybe the factory installed until was related to the locking of the doors when the car was put in gear. My 91 never locked the doors when put in gear

The 91 DID NOT lock the doors when placed in drive like my 96 does. It can be annoying especially when you pull up to pick someone up with the car in drive, and the doors are locked.... I believe it can stop car jackings however.

My 1991 seville do lock the doors in D and unlock in P. The locks are very loud and it took a while to get used to the noise. :D It \'s a safety feature, and I think it is right - wheb you stop to pick some one up it is better to put it in Park.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

I'm going to check and see if it was disabled! What about the drivers outside door lock opening the passenger side lock with the key like my 99 Deville. Was it an option on my 91 Eldo?

• 4 years later...

My 1991 Seville locked all the doors when placed in drive or reverse, and it was darn loud! :)

I'm going to check and see if it was disabled! What about the drivers outside door lock opening the passenger side lock with the key like my 99 Deville. Was it an option on my 91 Eldo?

On my 1991 Seville if I turned and held the key for a few seconds, it would open all the doors.

My '90 Eldo. TC locks the doors when placed in drive, but will not unlock the doors when placed in park.

My '91 Eldo TC will not lock the doors when placed in drive. The '91 does not have the RKE like the '90.

It looks like these cars may have had a dealer installed RKE system. The FOBs have the Cadillac logo, but they are sealed. You can't replace the batteries in them.

Archived