CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Hello , my 99 el dorado recently ran hot at 77000 miles. I don't know how hot and don't know a lot about engines but believe the head gaskets blown , coolant can be seen in the oil . I was told that I could replace the engine with the engine out of my 03 deville that has been deemed un fixable due to electronic problems . It would crank but not stay cranked . The engines are the same so I am told but does anyone know of any other reasons or problems I am going to run into trying to swap these engines ? any advice much appreciated . Thanks !

Logan is correct, fix what you have with a lower bearing case reseal. I charge 1800-2K and clean out the oil pan.

thanks fellows . Now my mechanic ha discovered this himself .... Now I'm hoping he don't feel like I owe him for taking the deville engine out .... Anyway , so now he thinks we should take the heads off and take them to a machine shop .... I guess there are other topics on this but if either of u don't mind and know ??? Thanks .

What is the machine shop going to do to the heads? As long as the flatness is in spec they should be fine. The viton valve seals will last several engine lifetimes.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived