CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Hemmings 71 Sedan de Ville

Theres original unrestored cars, and then theres this 1971 Cadillac Sedan de Ville for sale on Hemmings.com, a car that appears so perfectly preserved, youd think some scientist just recently chipped away the amber that had encased it since the late Paleozoic. It has less than 30,000 miles on it, it rides on Silvertowns like it did originally, it still has the woodgrain finish on the steering wheel, and (we know our regulars will appreciate this) its R12 air conditioning system works just fine. From the sellers description: -

See more at: http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2015/07/22/hemmings-find-of-the-day-1971-cadillac-sedan-de-ville/?refer=news#sthash.D4bHRkj5.dpuf

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Very nice! The 1971 and 1972 cars were virtually identical - the 1972 model had the front turn signal lamps relocated from the bumper to between the headlights and the interior vent that was slots in the sheet metal on the panel between the trunk lid and the rear window was replaced by the vents in the panels behind the rear doors (visible only when the rear doors were open).

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

The 1971 model year was the last year for high-compression engines. Horsepower rating for the 372 cid went from 375 hp to 220 hp in 1972.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

The 1971 model year was the last year for high-compression engines. Horsepower rating for the 372 cid went from 375 hp to 220 hp in 1972.

Actually, the compression ratio was lowered for 1971 - 8.8:1 from the 1970 model year of 10:1. 1972 saw the compression ratio drop slightly to 8.5:1.

The biggest affect on the horsepower was the change in rating from SAE gross to SAE net.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived