CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Continental kit and Supercharger

05.jpg

Who chops up hood and front chassis on a nice Cadillac convertible from 1960 and shoehorns in a 8,7 litres engine with a supercharger on top? A crazy Swede. Meet Borje Carlsson with one of Sweden’s cheekiest car constructions and Worldkustom was there, from the beginning

Read more: http://www.worldkustom.com/may-2014/svenska-conniekit-och-kompressor/

BK17.jpg

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

The DOT would never grant a safety inspection unless there are mirrors that allow seeing in the blind spot from the supercharger scoop.

Does that think have an intercooler??? The original Rootes types did not, and that's what this looks like. But he does have a low compression ratio and a cam made for his setup, so he *can* use significant boost. No numbers though; this car is basically a show car and its only use is as a cruiser.

Magnificent. By far the best 1959 Cadillac I've ever seen.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

I don't believe that intercoolers were used when the Rootes/GMC blower system was designed. The video didn't dwell on the powerplant very much but I feel sure that this is a cubic-inches-and-Rootes-blower powerplant with no intercooler - but built to work well that way with selection of pistons and cam.

What a beautiful package.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived