CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

CT2 to address CLA sub-ATS price market?

DETROIT -- Cadillac President Johan de Nysschen said sales of the ATS compact sedan have been hurt by the Mercedes CLA and other lower-priced recent entries, and he plans to respond with an entry-level sedan of his own.

Read more: http://www.autonews.com/article/20150112/RETAIL01/150119900/cadillac-will-develop-entry-level-sedan-de-nysschen-says

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

To get the best market share, you must have the car that people want to buy when they go shopping for a car. The people that are shopping that day.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Jim, I agree with you; Cadillac (again) is responding instead of leading. I feel sure that Cadillac has a lot of 'stuff' in the pipeline (and pretty sure it is going to be dynamite) but timing is also important in success.

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

Making a new car on the ATS platform to sell for slightly less than an ATS seems expensive.

Again, I would offer the ATS starting at $29.5K and a nicely equipped ATS at $35K and save $25M or whatever and 5 years of development!

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived