CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

storage question.

rockfangd

Hi all. I keep my 97 Seville in the garage for the winters and use a trickle tender to keep the battery maintained.

Anyway I forgot to put the charger on this year so my battery went dead.

I put the charger on and recharged battery.

I turned the key on and let the HVAC do its relearn and checked everything.

I did not start the engine

The blower motor did not come on. I am not sure if this is normal. I know it usually does not come on on a cold startup until engine starts to warm but want to know if you manually put it on high if it should come on.

I dont look forward to replacing the motor but if I have to I would rather find out now.

blower motor has never given me any issue before so I dont know if I have an issue or not.

On a warmer day I will start the engine and let it warm up but the temps are pretty low this week

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

In the winter months, the blower motor will not run umtil the engine coolant is warm. I wouldn't worry about it.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Thanks. I figured. Even if ac is set to max cold and blower on high it probably senses exterior temp is colder. I will post a update when I start it.

Looks nice and shiny in the garage. cant wait til spring

GM FAN FOREVER

Push in the temp button (this is the Auto switch) to make sure that everything is in the default mode.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

I started the car today and as it warmed up it came on like normal. Guess that answers my question. You cannot override it to make it come on.

GM FAN FOREVER

Archived