CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

How Hollywood figures into Cadillac's strategy

Bruce Nunnally

Youve shifted some of Cadillacs marketing emphasis from golf tournaments to sponsoring Hollywood events, including THRs pre-Academy Award party. How important is Hollywood to the Cadillac brand?

We will kick off our new brand point of view at the [2015] Oscar celebration. We will have our own event but will also have in the Oscar show several blocks of media that we bought because we have one of the best audiences that we can have: people that are interested in Hollywood and everything that the lifestyle Hollywood stands for, and I think thats a natural brand fit for us. So Im not interested in Super Bowl, Im far more interested in the Oscars.

Read more: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/how-hollywood-factors-cadillacs-plan-752409?mobile_redirect=false

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

The demographics of Corvette owners is diverse, of course. But there are a lot of high-rollers that want to be seen in the car of the moment. Since the Corvette overshadows most of them that are truly attainable daily drivers, you should expect a good representation there. Market share wise, Corvette seems to me to be underrepresented in the Entertainment pages, so yes, there is market there, and that market carries the added advantage of exposure. Corvette could use both.

So could the ATS-V an CTS-V.

Let the good times roll.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Hollywood kind of 'kicked off' the Escalade to the forefront of 'cool', where I still think it remains. Here's a speculation, if the ELR got a following (from the Hollywood 'greenies') it might all of a sudden have an acceptance of the high-end environmentally conscious crowd (perhaps to the tune that Tesla is currently riding on).

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

One of the problems is the demographics in Hollywood. There is a lot of shallowly-informed extreme "cool" thinking, like the US should be nicer, GM is the big bad wolf, GM is Government Motors, imports are cool, etc. The Volt and ELR broke new ground in electric cars and this was recognized when they came out, but that's "last year."

What we need is a new event that highlights the true advantages of the ELR and Volt. Like range without gas, or zero gas for a daily 30-mile commute, when you can plug in both at work and at home.

Give Bono one.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

I rode in a volt to and from work (35 mile trip each way) and no gas would be necessary for the round trip if driven without stomping it to the floor. ZERO . No plug in at work, just full charge at home. Had reasonable power too. I was surprised by the entire experience. Very quiet and comfortable for a small car.

I rode in a volt to and from work (35 mile trip each way) and no gas would be necessary for the round trip if driven without stomping it to the floor. ZERO . No plug in at work, just full charge at home. Had reasonable power too. I was surprised by the entire experience. Very quiet and comfortable for a small car.

i would enjoy an ELR -- at around 1/2 off retail. No problem making my commute and recharging at night.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived