CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Remote starter

skyman

I'm concidering having a remote starter installed on my 2005 DeVille. However, I think I remember reading somewhere that there were security system issues with installing remote starters on these models. Anyone know of any issues with this?

If it is a factory remote starter, you shouldn't have any issues. Aftermarket remote starters have been known to cause issues with the vehicle electronics.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I have installed them without problems.

The flashlogic modules today work wonders.

But personally I dont recommend them in caddys. I have never put one in any of mine.

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

i think when people mess with the fequenceys of anny car it could have issues. my security system on my 1998 oldsmobile achiva went bad on it's own. i forgot what system it had passlock1,2 vats, passkey idk but i cut the yellow wire in my steering wheel and it started ever since. i had a red security light on tho. but if anny one know how to bypass the system properly resistors,switch, module i would like to know to (last resort). but i would like to hear about the success stories of others installing aftermarket remote unlock/ and or starter.

The wires to the ignition on my 01 eldo were broke so made a harness with inline resistors that match the value in the key. soldered the harness into the 2 wires under the dash and voila. no light or message. Starts every time. Think I posted some pics in the thread for my eldo this year

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice. about the resistors i heard that its hard to find the right amount of resistors to copy a keys frequency? are the resistors predictable?

It is not hard at all - you need to get close to the resistance on the key pellet. Combining the resistors in series and/or parallel to come up with a value that is close to the key pellet resistance.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

it took 3 resistors and about 5 minutes of soldering to do mine. not hard at all. there are writeups posted on how to do it.

GM FAN FOREVER

Thanks for all the info...looks like the remote starter has to be put on the back burner for a bit. Just hit a deer a couple of hours ago. Going to need a new right side fender and headlight assembly. Hopfully it's not going to break the bank. Researched the parts cost..that part did'nt look too bad and apparently the fender can be ordered prepainted. Anyone know if the stock fenders are aluminum or steel? I saw the fenders available in steel..I always thought the fenders on the 05 DeVille were aluminum. Guess the major part of the repair cost will be the labor.

Archived