CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

TOY TIRES...

voicepro

...had a flat last week, and it turns out my "toy tire" was underinflated. By the time I got to the tire shop,

I'd eaten it up...but it got me there. I left the carcass of the spare with the shop. Today I went to a salvage

yard to find a replacement. Made me nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs to be

driving around with no spare.

...two tries, including having made a paper pattern from one of my good wheels, and I still haven't found

the right one. Turns out the "convenience spare" (that "toy tire") has a different lug offset than on a

conventional drive car.

...don't look forward to hassling my tire shop again with a third non-fit.

...how can you tell you're getting the right one, short of putting it on the wheel (not a likely prospect

while in a salvage yard)?

...is there some nomenclature on the spare (the "toy tire") that would tell me it's a fit for my '98 Deville?

Did you eat up the rim too? I always thought that the temporary spare TIRES would be commonly available. But I never had to use one so I don't really know that.

Anyway, you won't need to worry about that in the future. There are no longer ANY spare tires supplied with cars, not even TOY ones. My volt has an inflator/sealant kit, and most new Caddy's have Run Flats, which NOBODY can repair.

Sorry that I can't be of more help.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

The spare must have been low on air for it to shred.

The compact spare should be a size T125/70R16. These should be a dime a dozen at any junkyard. There is so little demand for them, I'd have ahard time paying over $10.00 for one with a wheel...

Any spare from a '96 to 2011 should work.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Thanks, Kevin...but the spare tire size isn't the issue. It's the wheel itself.

My second attempt got me a spare from a Caddy of similar vintage, but

the bolt hole offset was different -- and didn't fit.

This time, since there are a couple of old '98 birds sitting there with

their tires and wheels off, I'm going to try fitting any spare I find to one

of them. That ought to do the trick. Should have thought of doing that

the first time around. So soon old, so late smart....lol.

you should be able to use a spare from any 94-99 Deville

93-1997 Seville

1992-2002 eldo.

Likely more.

All use the same hub assemblies for the most part. I had to get one for my 97 Seville and it was cake. Found a mint one with nubs still intact at my local pick and pull. Can you post a picture of the area you are having trouble with?

I have had Deville wheels on eldos and Sevilles,

I had a oldsmobile set of wheels on my 96 Deville when I bought it and they were a perfect fit. All regular tire sizes were 22560r16. Same spare size also

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Archived