CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1994 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

uga487

Hello, first time post. looked around and everyone seems very helpful.

I just acquired a 1994 Fleetwood Brougham. the ac was low on freon so we topped it off and everything was fine for a few days.

One afternoon went to start it up, the Air Climate Control (ACC) head unit came on when the key was turned to on position just like it is supposed to. It shows outside temp, but this time a buzz sound come from under the passenger dash and once the car was cranked the ACC head unit display went blank and the buzz under the dash got louder.

Also the ac compressor clutch would randomly turn quickly off and on.

There is a few vacuum hoses found running to what seems to be small round pumps? we took the black box apart to see what was inside and there are 5 round copper coil pumps or some kind of sensor which is making the buzz sound.

when we took it apart there seemed to be a cork like material on the top and it was so brittle it fell apart.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks

Simultaneously press and hold the OFF and WARMER side of the temp rocker. After the segment check, -00 will be displayed. That is the "pointer". Pressing OUTSIDE TEMP will toggle between the pointer and the trouble code. Use the FAN UP/DN to increment/decrement the pointer.

Pointers -00 thru -04 contain the trouble codes. Current codes are two digits and history codes have three digits with a "1" as the first digit. The second and third digits are the trouble code. For example 32 would be a current code and 132 would be the same code although a history code.

Pointer # Parameter Display Range Default value

-00 ECM Trouble Codes

-01 CCM Trouble codes

-02 ECC Trouble codes

-03 SIR (Airbag) trouble Codes

-04 ABS/TCS Trouble Codes

-05 Program number 0-255

-06 Commanded blower motor spd 0-128

-12 Vehicle speed in MPH

-16 Sun load sensor assy 200+ = Dark 240

150- = light

-17 Current temp. valve position 0-255

-19 Temp valve pos. (full hot) 180-250 180

-20 Temp valve pos. (full cold) 5-60 60

-21 Coolant temperature degrees C 90

-22 Commanded temp valve pos. 0-255

-24 Air delivery mode 0-7

-25 Inside air temp sens Value increases as temp. decreases

-28 Outside air temp asm Value increases as temp. decreases

Pointer 02 will have any codes related to the climate control system.

Where under the dash was the item making the buzzing noise?

It sounds like there are two different issues - the one being the issue with the climate control display and the other is a refrigerant leak. The HR-6/HD-6 are "belly leakers" after 10+ years. If the A/C compressor is all oily, its case ceals are probably leaking.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

There's a black long box in which a cluster of colored tubes plug into it using a rubber/plastic module.

Inside this box are 5 copper coils in a plastic frame. This is where the buzz noise is. Located under right leg side dash on passenger side.

I'll try and post a picture of it.

Thanks for helping....

Pictures of the mysterious box would be helpful. I would add to the list of trouble codes and parameters kindly posted by KHE, -08 which shows coolant temperature in F. Usually you will see 174 -181 while driving with warmed up engine.

Welcome to caddyinfo.com!

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Trouble code pointer 02= 10 and 126

Those are both climate control related codes. 126 is a history code ( 1 is history version of 02-26). History code is one stored during previous ignition cycle. YOur trouble codes are both electrical. Check this out:

http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=34207

Thank you all very much for the info, I took it to a mechanic and now the AC works.

But now I have a problem with the power steering going out intermittently while I'm driving?

Mostly when I'm pulling in and out of parking spots.

Thank you all very much for the info, I took it to a mechanic and now the AC works.

But now I have a problem with the power steering going out intermittently while I'm driving?

Your water pump may be leaking right on the serpentine belt. A wet belt will cause steering problems, particularly at lower RPM. See if the water pump is wet. If it does leak, replace it ASAP since it can affect the distributor (called Optispark) which is a $400 part.

What was fixed to cure the problem?

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Look for a loose power steering belt (or a loose or worn serpentine belt, or bad tensioner).

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived