CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

DHS 2003 protectedengine codes..

Hello! i hope one of you guys canhelp me out :) So here the thing, seems like my engine codes are protected -_- and i would much rather go to my usual trustworthy mecanic instead of GM ...anyway to crack those codes ??

:welcomesmiley:

Please excuse me, but I don't understand what you mean by "protected." You can read the OBD II codes on your car using the buttons for the A/C to read them out on the DIC. There is a link in my signature block to a Caddyinfo page on how to do this by model year. The meaning of the codes can be found on another Caddyinfo "How To" page here:

http://www.caddyinfo.com/dtc_2003.htm

You can download an Excel file with most OBD II (and OBD I, and manufacturer) codes with another link in my signature block.

Read them out, post them here, and we will help you diagnose your problem.

We can also help you find a dealer with a good service department, and help you get along with them better. I think it's always better to read your own codes before you go in and know what is up before they get the car. Also, there are a whole lot of things that you can fix yourself.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Well thats what m'y mecanic Saïd , normally hes pretty Good. So You guys ste saying That there s no way i cant acces the code ?? Im in canada ...dont know If That could change anything.. Well ill go ses him tomorow with the list of code and we' km2 ses from there :). Thanks à lot:)

Well thats what m'y mecanic Saïd , normally hes pretty Good. So You guys ste saying That there s no way i cant acces the code ?? Im in canada ...dont know If That could change anything.. Well ill go ses him tomorow with the list of code and we' km2 ses from there :). Thanks à lot:)

If you now have the codes... post them here and we can help you figure out what is wrong and how to fix it.

Posted Image

Archived