CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

04 Deville Where's my antenna?

Radio reception in my 04 Deville Base is terrible and I can't find the antenna!

Alldata says it could be a little fin-looking thing on the rear of the roof. Nope, the roof is smooth as a baby's bottom.

Next, it could be on the bottom of the rear glass. Nothing there that looks remotely like an antenna on the glass.

On the upper right of the rear glass there is a box glued to the glass but there's nothing on the outside of the glass that corresponds. I think it might have been a cell antenna.

Car does have OnStar and from the looks of the owners manual, it had cell phone service initially. Other than that, it's a bone stock factory CD player.

Any ideas?

The black box on the inside of the window is for the cellular/onstar.

I believe the antenna is either integrated into the rear window or in the body.

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

If you have B9Q (Hearse conversion, Commercial Chassis), you have a power antenna, which would probably be on the right rear.

If you do NOT have B9Q, the AM antenna is part of the heating element in the rear window and the FM antenna is shared between the rear glass and a fine wire across the top of the windshield in the tinted area.

The digital radio (Sirius/XM, S-band) is on the rear of the roof.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

So there are 2 fm antennas? one in the rear and in the front.

all of mine have power antennas lol.

My 97 has the black box and an antenna on the outside of the rear window.

My 2001 has just the black box

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

I think that they may use two antennas because the horizontal dipole type antenna is pretty directional and if they use two antennas and two receivers and select the strongest signal, it works a whole lot better for a car radio. The extra components for a dual receiver (to the FM detector) are very inexpensive, usually something like three ceramic filters and a chip.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

The AM/FM radio is integrated into the rear window - it is in the upper 1/4 of the window. It's possible the window was replaced and the glass contractor did not plug in the antenna. I had that problem with my '78 Caprice Classic many years ago - the windshield had the radio antenna laminated in the glass and when I had the windshield replaced, the glass guy did not plug in the wire to the windshield antenna and the radio had poor reception.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived