CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

GasMonkeyGarage: 1965 Cadillac DeVille

Gas Monkey Garage has a 1965 Cadillac DeVille up for a quick flip.

$_4.JPG

We found this fairly original example here in Dallas having been stored in the previous owners private collection for quite some time. This Cadillac Coupe Deville Convertible had been maintained and driven regularly before being stored and has been repainted at some time in the past showing a smooth glossy exterior finish with some paint bubbling (see pics) and the soft top showing its age with some wear and tear present. The interior is good condition with minor wear and tear in the driver seat (see pics). The power windows work as does the power top, even the factory AM/FM radio works! (The A/C looks to be complete, however it does not blow )this car is not perfect (there has been some body repair that is starting to bubble) but it looks good and mechanically it runs and drives but should be completely serviced to insure safety and reliability. Due to our filming schedule we can not perform any additional work on this car, sold AS IS/ WHERE IS! This awesome ’65 Cadillac Coupe Deville Convertible will be seen on the hit show Fast N Loud and the winning bidder may have the option of taking delivery here at the shop or we'll help with shipping logistics. Clear Title in hand! If you're looking for a good example of the Iconic 1965 Cadillac Coupe Deville Convertible for a Museum Quality Restoration, Cruise night or Advertising and Promotional use, you won't find a better example that’s priced to sell!

Bidding is at $5K this morning. Note pictures will only be available while the car is for sale

$_4.JPG

429 Engine

Ebay Auction: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cadillac-DeVille-1965-Cadillac-Coupe-Deville-Convertible-offered-by-Gas-Monkey-Garage-/291163729662?forcerrptr=true&hash=item43cab5eefe&item=291163729662&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Yes, so 105,000 not 10,500. I guess that can be a typo.

That's what I was thinking...105,000... based on the rust and the general overall condition, including the wear on the interior.

You could not get that amount or wear in 5000 or 10,000 miles.

Posted Image

People often stop driving a car at 100,000 miles, even these days, because that magic number tells people that the car is done.

I would start the car and drive it around the block, and since it is local I would have my mechanic go over it. If it's complete, original, and drivable, it's a good start. I think that $5K is more than starting to push things, though, but it's possibly worth that because it's a convertible and the top is still good, or at least works, and it's driveable. I would get a professional appraisal before I went much above that though.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived