CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

GM CEO Mary Barra Discusses Valukas Report with Employees

On June 5, General Motors CEO Mary Barra discussed the findings of former U.S. prosecutor Anton Valukas on the ignition switch recall. This video is a quick summary of her remarks to employees and media.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

This seems an appropriate response; put it behind us but never let us forget it either. Even to those that 'pooh-pooh' General Motors response (often with 20/20 hindsight) and true angst against this corporation should mediate their thoughts and find in their evaluations, whether they are truly trying to reflect action/inaction or 'grandstanding' and getting a cheap-shot in (against this/or other corporations) when failures occur.

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

This looks like an externally forced culture change, a hard-nosed management decision to restructure any areas that are determined to share a problem as clearly defined by inappropriate priorities regarding recall decisions affecting safety. It looks like some managers whose numbers determined their reviews were a little cold in saving money at the expense of safety. It's pretty clear that both the management-structured incentives that led to this and the ethics problems that let it happen are recognized and are changed.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived