CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1941 Cadillac Series 62 for sale in Chicago, IL. Generations have passed since the 1941 Cadillac Series 62 first embodied the ulltimate in style and power, concepts taken to a whole new level in this freshly completed and very impressive Series 62 4-door sedan.

The first hint at this Caddy's true nature is in the amount of rubber wrapped around the custom Budnik billet aluminum wheels tucked into those accommodating wheel wells -- Hoosier Pro Street tires out back, BF Goodrich T/A Radials up front - but that's just the beginning. An Art Morrison box frame provides the foundation for independent front suspension and a 4-link Morrison rear end that give the big Caddy a sure-footed ride. Nestled up front under the Cadillac's expansive hood is a sea of chrome and polished aluminum, in the center of which 572 cubic inches of GM big block crate engine uses Hilborn fuel injection, custom stainless steel headers and 3-inch exhaust to power 800 horses through a Street and Strip Turbo 400 automatic transmission; reliable Wilwood 4-wheel disc brakes handle the job of reining it all in.

The largely stock interior provides a calm place to relax and enjoy cruising in this vintage Caddy Resto Mod, its Custom Classic gauges and Hurst shifter the only visible departures from a traditional mix of rich Grey upholstery and beautiful burled wood. It's a great study in contrasts, with only 1,791 miles since its completion and generations of more good times ahead.

To view this 1941 Cadillac Series 62 for sale, please go to www.gatewayclassiccars.com, or call 708-444-4488 for additional information. (708) 444-4488. (708) 444-4488 - (708) 444-4316

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

This looks like an extraordinarily well throught-out restro-mod, a modern chassis and drive train with a fully restored interior, with attention to authentic gauges. The shifter does look a bit out-of-place in the interior.

I'm wondering why this car is up for sale after just wring-out mileage. The selection of OEM for the brakes and tires I find odd, but that's probably because I'm not in that business and don't know all the options for parts.

But this does look like a really cool weekend car. With no price in sight, but photographed in what looks like a staging area for an auto auction, the price may be more appropriate for commercial use, such as chauffeured rides at Google or Apple or some such firm that could use such a car for visitors as part of their patina of coolness.

Does the radio work?

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

I think that $64K is not a lot of money for what they have done here. It's easy to envision $20K each for restoration, chassis and brakes, and drivetrain. There probably isn't a lot of profit in that price.

This is certainly in reach of anyone in the market for a large luxury four-door who wants such a car for any reason. There is no warranty, so if I were a purchasing agent for a Silicon Valley firm for example, I would want to understand what support options are available. For example, is a bill of materials for the completed car included with the vehicle? Are all parts suppliers identified with POC for service and replacement parts? I would have to understand what would happen if, say, I had a flat tire, needed a brake job, did an oil change, etc. and get our fleet maintenance people to sign up to maintaining the vehicle, or identify a local service facility that would sign up to maintaining the car.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived