CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Supercharged 331 V8

After returning from WWII Navy duty in the South Pacific, Jack opened up a small repair garage in Hermosa Beach which became the official headquarters for Jack McAfee Engineering, aka "JEM ENG". While not being much more than a few service bays in the back of a service station, it was the birth place of an idea that resulted in some serious hot rodding history; the first blown Cadillac 331 "mil".

Read more: http://www.jackmcafee.com/Cad331blower.html

Full+Kit.jpg

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

The comments about needing benzine injection and they guy burning a piston the day before a race bring out the fact that early supercharged gas engines often didn't benefit from the mods of lower compression ratios and intercoolers that made them such a force later on. The 331 was an amazing engine but it was designed as a high performance normally aspirated engine, with high compression and scavenging cam timing. If they had thought about an intercooler and 100 octane (or 150 octane) aviation gas, they could have achieved a lot more. Add to that a purpose-driven cam grind and custom low-compression pistons would have put this engine on top of the world.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived